Chapter 50

ALEC'S POV:

I arrived in America just over an hour after Riley did. I was dying to go to her, but I knew I had to respect her need for space. So instead I went to the forest where she went missing and where she would sneak out to go for a run every time she could.

Of course, I was being updated on her activities and whereabouts at all times. When Aaron told me they went to buy supplies for the girls that were staying at her adoptive parent's old house, my heart swelled with pride. She had told me that she rented the house to an organization that seeks to aid girls that were trafficked by criminals. She never ceases to amaze me. There's no doubt she'll be an amazing Queen.

I walk through the woods, picturing my mate's white wolf running freely all over. Maybe we could come for a run and let her show me the best parts of the woods after we work things out. I walk deep into the forest until I reach an open cliff. My body tensed knowing that this was the place where she had the accident. I look down from the edge and my heart skips a beat, imagining a scared twelve years old little girl falling into the raging river below.

I could never be more thankful that she got saved and she is now safe and part of my life.

I start my way back out of the woods once the sun was starting to set. I knew Riley has a reunion back at her old school, and I really wanted to see the place where she grew up. She never talked about her time in school nor the friends she has here, so I was really eager to get to know about the life she had here.

When my driver arrive at the school, the moon was already up.

I open the door ready to find a hiding place to watch Riley from afar when my phone starts ringing. I pick it up immediately when I realized it was Aaron.

"Everything in order? I just arrived at the school" I say, starting to get suspicious of his call.

"Your highness, I'm afraid she is no longer there. She took an uber to the cemetery and we followed her. I think she is... upset."

I growl at his words.

Who dared to upset my Queen?

I get back into the car and bark to the driver to take me to the cemetery ASAP. Something must have gone wrong. I was told she went to the cemetery earlier today, but never entered. I wondered why since she cared and still loves her adoptive parents. Maybe she was scared? Or the wound was still too fresh to face their graves? I didn't know. But what I know is that right now my mate needs me.

When I arrive at the cemetery, I am quick to jump over the metal fence and follow my mate's scent. I stop in my tracks when I see her, laying in the middle of two graves crying all alone in the dark.

My soul breaks into pieces at the sight of my mate crying all alone.

I run up to where she lay, putting my arms around her and bringing her into my chest. When she doesn't pull me away, I tighten my hold and bury my nose in her hair, scattering light kisses, murmuring sweet nothings to calm her down, to know that she is not alone, that I'm here for her, and that everything is going to be okay.

I don't know for how long we stay there, Riley crying in my chest and I holding her, but I'll stay as long as she needs me to.

"My love" I whisper against her neck. I continue to whisper sweet nothings until she calms down. Her body stops shaking, but from time to time, her body shakes with a sob. I make sure that my skin touches hers to soothe her.

After a long while, she pulls slightly from me to look into my eyes. When she sniffed, I touch her nose with mine with tenderness.

"You came." she sound surprised.

"I would follow you to the end of the world, my love" I confess, staring at her with so much love she awakes in me. I touch her cheek with a hand and butterflies flutter in my stomach when she leans into my touch. 

My body still responds to her like the first time.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, Riley. That was never my intention. I don't know what came over me I just..." I sigh, defeated. "I just became all greedy with the thought that you might be pregnant with my child and didn't stop thinking of my actions and the consequences. I'm truly sorry, baby. Please forgive me."

She looks down biting her lower lip, not pulling away from my embrace.

"What hurts the most is that you didn't communicate to me your thoughts. We already talked about it, but you still chose to keep your feelings and thought to yourself and that always causes something that hurts me in the end."

My shoulder slumps down in defeat. She was right. I fucked up again. Why do I keep doing it? It's not fair for Riley and it hurts her...

I can't believe I hurt my mate.

"I'm so sorry"

I pull away giving her my back, too embarrassed to face her. I did this to her. I pushed Riley to travel all alone because of my stupidity. I'll never forgive myself for making her cry.

I feel her warm hand on my shoulder and her body pressing against my back.

"I know you would never hurt me on purpose," Riley says calmly, her voice sounding hoarse from the crying "Just... don't do it again. Come to me next time, alright?"

I turn around to hug her tight against me and she giggles accepting the hug.

"Gosh. How in hearth I got so lucky to have you as my mate?"

"I wonder that myself" she jokes. I start biting her everywhere because I know she is not ticklish at all. She squeaks and yells laughing loudly and that is music to my ears, so I keep biting her despite her imploring me to stop.

We stop to catch our breath, staring at each other, when the fact we are in the cemetery downs on us.

"I guess there's no better moment than now to present you to my parents" says a little bit timidly. I smile at her.

"I bet they are wondering why the earth is moving so much"

Riley hits my chest playfully.

"Not funny" she grumbles, but she was still smiling. "Maybe it's weird that I want my mate to meet my dead parents but..."

I interrupt her, wanting to reassure her.

"Is not weird at all. I wanted to visit those who saved my mate's life and took care of her."

She smiles at me, her eyes shiny with unshed tears. I hated to see her like this, but I knew those tears weren't from sadness, but because she is finally there with them, with her mate or rather boyfriend, in this case, to present them to me. There's no doubt in my mind they were amazing people.

°°°°°°°°°

I wish I was smart so that way I could build myself a boyfriend  *sniffs*

Don't forget to you the story some love, you beautiful people!