Chapter 55

ALEC'S POV:

When I first saw Riley walking down the aisle, I thought I was seeing a vision. An angel. Her curled hair dancing slightly at the evening breeze. Her porcelain skin seemed to be glowing under the fairy lights. Her cheeks were decorated with a rosy tint and her eyes were shining with so much love and happiness.

I knew I was the luckiest man alive. And I was so fucking proud and so happy to be the reason my mate was smiling today, and every single day for the rest of our lives.

As I hold her in my arms, now, on the dancing floor on our first dance as mates, as wife and husband, as partners, I couldn't stop admiring her, thinking of everything that makes me love Riley, even her flaws; they make her and I love who Riley is.

"I can't believe this is actually happening, that this is real" Riley whispers, pulling her head from my shoulder where it was resting.

I smile at her, reassuring her that this is very much real.

"Do you want me to pinch you?" I ask her with mockery.

She huffs, rolling her eyes.

"No thanks" she answers quickly chuckling a bit. "I feel like, when I look back at my life, I'm looking at it through a telescope. It feels like ages ago when I first met my biological parents after eleven years apart, even though it's just been months," she says, a look of wonder on her face. "I'm just proud of how far I have gotten, and am just so fucking happy with how my life turned out to be."

I pull her away from my chest and she twirls back in my embrace, giggling at the motion. Her laugh brings my senses to life.

"You look radiant, by the way," I say once she is back in my arms. "And yes, you've been through so much and went through it all like a champion. You are one of the strongest person I know and I'm so damn proud of you, my love"

I peck her on the lips and marvel at how she looks at me with so much tenderness.

Fuck, I love this woman. And I can't get a hard-on in front of so many people. I have to wait until we are alone to finally make love to my mate and wife.

Suddenly, Riley giggles, her cheeks going bright red.

"What is it?" I wonder amused.

Her eyes sparkle when she looks at me.

"Damn it, Alec. Is not the right time to get horny, you know we are not alone!" she scolds me, her eyes wide open.

I try to keep my laugh low, knowing very well she is sensing what I am feeling through the mate bond.

"So... A quicky?"

"No!" she shrieks, looking all around us, making sure no one is paying attention. No one is, everyone has already joined us on the big dance floor. There were photographers taking pictures, and sometimes, people would look at us, but thanks to the music and chatter, no one could hear our conversation. "Are you crazy?"

"For you? Kinda" I say winking at her, giving her that smile that I know will have her panties all wet.

She bites her lips and groans closing her eyes. Her arousal felt strong through our mating bond.

"Fine, but quick!" she whispers.

I smile wide, my member waking up from its slumber.

We snuck out through one of the corridors and walk until we barely could hear the music of the party.

When we stop, I put my arms on my hips staring at her dress.

"Hum... Never thought I'd be in this situation" I joke. Riley huffs, a smile decorating that pretty face of hers. "Turn around and bend. Hands on the wall.