Ch.21 The Chains That Hold Us

Start from the beginning

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Are you? Are you? (Ooh-ooh)

Coming to the tree (ooh-ooh)

They strung up a man (ooh-ooh)

They say who murdered three (ooh-ooh)

Strange things did happened here (ooh-ooh)

No stranger would it be (ooh-ooh)

If we met at midnight (ooh-ooh)

In the hanging tree (ooh-ooh)

Corruption opened my cell door and entered. They closed the door behind them.

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Hush now, dear children,

it must be this way (ooh-ooh)

To weary of live and deceptions (ooh-ooh-ooh)

Strange things did happen here (ooh-ooh)

No stranger it would be (ooh-ooh)

If we met at midnight (into the calm and the)

In the hanging tree (quiet)

Are you? Are you? (Ooh-ooh)

Coming to the tree (ooh-ooh)

Through all the pain and sorrow? (Ooh-ooh-ooh)

Strange things did happen here (ooh-ooh)

No stranger it would be (ooh-ooh)

If we met at midnight (murdering beauty and)

In the hanging tree (passions)

Strange things did happen here (weep not poor children)

No stranger it would be (for life is this way)
If we met at midnight (murdering beauty)

In the hanging tree (and passions)

Are YoU? Are you? (Ooh-ooh)

Coming to the tree (ooh-ooh)

Where dead man call out (ooh-ooh)

For his love to flee (ooh-ooh)

Come little children, the time's come to play

Here in my garden of shadows.

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Come little children, I'll take thee away

into a land of enchantment.

Come little children (strange things did happen here)

The time's come to play (no stranger would it be)

Here in my garden of shadows (if we met at midnight in the hanging tree)

_____________________

  We finished the song. I felt nostalgic and bitter at the moment we shared. It reminded me of my brother so much. I feel the corruption flowing down my eyesockets faster. It probably mixed with my tears. Nightmare gently grabbed my face and wiped it with his thumbs. I glare at him and he smirked. "So perfect, yet so stubborn. Even after we shared a moment. You know you can't fight me. I will have what I want. No one will find you here, so we have all the time in the multiverse to break your will." Corruption told me. I feel my corruption take completely cover me.

  "I don't care want you want. I just want you to free my brother. I know he isn't dead." I said, venom in my voice.

  "So you figured that out? I underestimated your intelligence. To bad that's not going to happen. He's a bit busy sleeping for..... forever. Your stuck with me. I may not be the same person, but I'm still part of him. I'm the manifestation of all his negative emotions. His pain, sadness, rage, fear, loneliness, shame, obsession..... I'm all of it. You have no idea just how much he worshipped you. The sibling who he held on a pedestal. You were everything to him. When he heard from the villagers what you had done for him he felt such shame at his weakness. When he saw you battered and broken, he felt more rage than he thought possible. I made sure they suffered for their actions. But now, I finally have you in my grasp. And, I won't be letting go. Look forward to your time here. I know I will." Nightmare told me as he let go. He turned and left me in my cell. I was once again alone.

  Mom. Dad. Everyone.
Please hurry, I'm scared.