Waiting

The hospital was horrible. Every little beep of her monitor annoyed the Joker. If he had not have taken Amelia with him he wouldn't be in this mess. His little princess was hurt and he couldn't be there for her because he was on the run from the cops. He sighed and looked towards the door, he figured he was safe for a few moments so he slumped in the nearest chair to her and grabbed her hand. He looked towards the other tenant in the room and saw Dodger was asleep. He was here to relay any news on Amelia to the Joker because the Joker couldn't be and Dodger was the only one he trusted near her. The fall wasn't that high to leave this much damage on her but it was the landing on the head that did it. Damn the batman to hell, if Amelia died because of this then the Batman will too. That the Joker promised. He heard movement outside and he quickly kissed Amelia on her head and kicked Dodger awake. He climbed out of the window just as Dodge woke with a very unattractive snort. He looked at Amelia and saw that there was still no change from when he went to sleep. He sighed and grabbed her hand, she was like a little sister to him and to have her in a state like this got him angry. The doctor came in then and smiled at Dodger.  

"It seems, Sir, that your little sister is in a self induce coma. The impact on the left side of her brain was too strong and she has some internal bleeding. Her body has gone into shock and she needs to heal herself." Dodger looked at the doctor and nodded. 

"Do you know when she will wake up?" Dodger asked. 

"I'm afraid not." The doctor said sadly. "There is one other issue though." Dodger nodded for the doctor to continue. 

"It seems Miss Napier was pregnant." Dodges eyes widened.  

"Was?" He questioned. The doctor gave him a sad look. 

"I'm so sorry sir." Was all he said before he left the room. Dodged leaned back in his chair. He would kill whoever got her pregnant, when she wakes up of course. Now all they had to play was the waiting game.