28. LET THEM GO

𓆩♡𓆪

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𓆩♡𓆪

   FLUORESCENT LIGHTS BUZZ IN the hospital lobby. There's a low rumbling as the flickering becomes more frequent. Chills form on Brooke's body, her hand reaches out for comfort but no one catches it, leaving her hand to grasp at the air and form a nervous fist.

   Will's hand flies to the back of his neck, sensing the Mind Flayer, "He's here," Will shivers. Brooke takes a deep breath, "We gotta get them—"

   "Let's go," Danny cuts his sister off by tugging her away, Casey and Stella following. The receptionist yells at them that only two can go but they all ignore her. Brooke breathes through her nose and shakes her hand from Danny's grip. She shoves herself through the group of kids to be in front.

   "Brooke, stop trying to be the hero," Lucas whispers with concern. "I'm not a—hero. You really think I'm letting you fuckers go into danger first? Hell no," She speeds up her stomping to the elevator only for them to figure out it isn't working.

   "Stairs," Mike says quickly. They rush to the stairs to the right of them. As soon as they reach the second floor Brooke can hear crashing noises and then a loud roar. She starts to speed up with panic when there's an even louder shriek.

    "Down the hall!" Stella yells. The teens run down the dark hall, the only small light being when they flicker on. They find the room and El uses her power to force the door open.

   Brooke steps back into the wall when she sees what is attacking Nancy. It's a fleshy monster with teeth and way too many arms. Like a spider. It shrieks again but towards the group.

   "What the hell—" Casey starts. "Is that?" Stella finishes. Their hands are laced together, knuckles are white from nerves.

   The monster roars and crawls forwards but before it gets a chance to do anything, El screams and slams into a wall. Brooke's breath hitches when the creature wails. It doesn't phase El though, she repeats the move and slams it against the wall across from it. Debris falls around it and some onto Nancy the louder El yells.

   Brooke wants to stop El, she wants to grab Nancy, grab Jonathan and run from the danger but she knows what El is capable of. El is capable of killing this thing but the fear still boils and whistles like a tea kettle inside of Brooke.

   El throws the creature into the ceiling and then right down into the wall so hard that the hospital shakes around them. The brunette falls forwards a bit to regain some strength but somehow the creature isn't dead. The creature takes a single step forward before it's flown out of the window above Nancy. Glass shatters above the Wheeler girl as she throws her hands above her head.

  "Casey, get the kids outta here!" Brooke demands of the boy. Already in the plans, Stella and Casey shove the kids forwards to find where the hell the creature landed.