Chapter 2 - Siblings even though we aren't blood related

"Goodbye Prince Toya! Come back again!" Y/n waved goodbye.

"I'll do my best Princess Y/n. Goodbye." Toya waved at Y/n and her parents.

"Goodbye Prince Toya." Y/n's father said.

"Safe journey!" Y/n's mother said.

Then Toya left.

"Y/n you didn't embarrass us right?" Y/n's father said.

"No! Toya was such a nice person. Very calm too!" Y/n said.

"He does indeed sound very mature." Y/n's mother smiled.

"He definitely can rule a kingdom." Y/n's father said.

"I'm going to my bedroom." Y/n said before leaving.

+

Y/n was taking out her clips in her hair and taking it out of the hairstyle she had.

A knock was at her door.

"Come in!" Y/n called out.

The familiar knight came in the room. Y/n turned around.

"Akito! Feels so long since I seen you!" Y/n said with a smile.

"I agree. Tell me. How did it go?" Akito said.

"I will but can you help take the clips out my hair? It's fine if you don't know how!" Y/n reassure him before turning around to the mirror.

"I'm not stupid Y/n I know how." Akito said before walking over to Y/n to help her.

"Hehe...anyway. Prince Toya is such a chill and nice guy! Even my parents like him! From what I heard so far I think his parents are really strict. So I invited him to come here more often if he can! Because he sounded so lonely back home so I did that and considered him my non-blood related but still my sibling, sibling!"

"You called him your sibling?" Akito said placing the hair clips on the vanity.

"Well yeah! He even gave me a flower!" Y/n smiled.

"Oh that flower?" Akito said.

"Mhm! He thinks it's pretty too!" Y/n said.

"Do you like it? Well as a gift if that makes sense." Akito said.

"Obviously!" Y/n said before taking the last hair clip out.

"I can give you better presents y'know." Akito said.

"Well your presents are already better by you being the sender or is it the chooser... oh no! It's better because it's from you! That's what I meant!" Y/n said feeling hot in the face for some reason.

Akito blushed which made him look away.

"Well I'm glad that my gifts mean so much to you." Akito smiled. Even if Y/n couldn't see it she could tell he was happy.

Y/n stood up and suddenly hugged him.

"You're the best!" Y/n chuckled.

Akito got caught off guard and his heart was beating rapidly. He hugged Y/n back and he felt a sense of comfort from it.

"It's my job to look after you Y/n." Akito said.

"And give presents?"

"And give presents." Akito chuckled.

+

Toya did come to the palace once after a few weeks. He did warm up to Y/n's best-knights. Not as in the best but as in best friends with the knights.

Akito also enjoyed talking to him since he learned about their similar interests.

Toya met Y/n's brother who he also got along with. Y/n noticed how he looked happy to be here which made her happy too.

Until her parents spoke to the both of them.

+

"So..prince Toya has been visiting now. Is there any need to a marriage? Remember this choice affects you when you take over the throne." Y/n's father said.

"About that. Prince Toya and I consider ourselves as siblings. I can't really imagine myself with him romantically and it makes me feel a bit odd about it. So I choose not to marry him." Y/n explained.

"I agree with Princess Y/n. We do consider ourselves as siblings even if we are not blood related. So it does feel unsettling to me. I hope you respect our decisions King F/n and Queen M/n." Toya said.

"How peculiar. Very well. You must be sure." Y/n's father said.

"I am sure." Y/n and Toya said.

"Well I am happy to welcome prince Toya to our family. Are you F/n?" Y/n's mother asked.

"I am too." Y/n's father said.

+

Y/n was roaming the garden until she was pulled back into somebody.

An arrow hit the wall behind Y/n.

"Y/n listen. We are about to be attacked so listen to me for a bit okay?" Akito said as he held Y/n's hand firmly and running at quick speed.

Arrows were easily dodged surprisingly enough.

+

Akito put Y/n in a small room with fully covered windows.

"Y/n you have to stay here for a while. 3 knocks and its me or another knight. Remember that. If not run out of here." Akito said setting Y/n in a corner.

"You can use the knifes stored in the drawers if you need to." Akito said.

"Are you going to be okay?" Y/n asked.

"I've been trained for this moment." Akito smiled before taking Y/n's hand and kissing it. Then he left closing the door.

"Ha?..." Y/n muttered with a red face.