Chapter 8 - Now I'm confused

Next day

Akito was at Y/n's house and it was quite homely but quiet.

"Y/n you live by yourself?" Akito asked while Y/n made pancakes.

"Well yeah! But since I joined Kamiyama I have been going out more than I did in the past. I'm thankful though cause it can get a bit lonely." Y/n smiled.

"But sometimes my aunt comes to check on me just in case. Both my parents are busy people and work all over the world basically. They have enough for themselves but not for the three of us." Y/n said.

"The three of you?" Akito said.

"Yeah like- oh. Sorry I'm uh forgetful! My brother is out all the time and never gets involved with family stuff so.." Y/n said nervously.

"Things isn't adding up. I feel like something is missing." Akito said.

"It's your thoughts! Here, your pancakes! Any toppings or something with it?" Y/n asked.

"Whipped cream." Akito said.

Y/n laughed while getting the whipped cream and giving it to Akito.

+

"Y/n why are you clinging onto me.." Akito said.

"Look! I'm scared of getting lost! This is scramble crossing and lots of people are here at this time.." Y/n explained as she was clinging onto Akito's arm.

"Are you complaining?! I can just follow behind you if I'm troubling you!" Y/n immediately said.

"I'm not. Just asking don't worry about it." Akito smiled.

Y/n sighed in relief.

+

"Akito I'll let you pick what outfit that would suit me! You like fashion designing right?" Y/n asked.

"If that's the case then I'll buy the best one." Akito said with a slight excitement in his voice.

"Yeah but please make it fit my budget.." Y/n nervously said.

Akito just decided to look through every isle of the store they were at.

Y/n suddenly had thoughts about her and Akito's status? She didn't even know if it's a relationship or a friendship.

"If me and Akito are soulmates and we aren't dating then..we are friends but that doesn't sound right." Y/n thought.

"I'm already showing affection to him so I don't even know what we are. Akito isn't complaining.."

"What if he actually is complaining but isn't telling me?!" Y/n's eyes widened.

"That's terrible!"

"Y/n are you okay?" Akito asked.

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts and saw Akito already holding an outfit.

"Yeah! Is this what you want me to try on?" Y/n questioned.

"Yeah." Akito nodded.

+

Y/n opened the curtains immediately.

"Akito this outfit is actually so nice!" Y/n said with complete admiration.

"It does look nice on you. It's also in your budget so I think you should buy it." Akito said with a smug smile.

"Well I definitely am then!" Y/n smiled widely.

Akito always got flustered when Y/n smiled at him. To be honest he loved Y/n's smile, though he never said it out loud often.

+

Y/n and Akito were walking together so Akito could drop Y/n off but he noticed that Y/n was always looking around her and didn't cling on to Akito this time round.

This made Akito confused the whole way to Y/n's house, occasionally he would look behind him to see if Y/n was still there.

+

When Y/n got to her house with Akito he seemed lost in thought.

"Akito I'll see you at school tomorrow okay!" Y/n said.

"Yeah." Akito nodded.

Before Y/n was about to leave she was suddenly pulled into an embrace that was oddly comforting.

"Akito?"

"You're hiding something from me. You know that you can tell me anything? Even though we met not long ago you still mean a lot to me. I don't even know how that happened so fast but I seriously care about you." Akito said.

Y/n was in shock but slowly smiled.

"Thank you Akito. Hearing that from you means a lot to me." Y/n said softly before hugging him back.

Y/n honestly felt like she was going to cry. But she didn't.

Y/n was basically just cherishing the moment. She felt like she truly was loved by somebody.

"I love you a lot." Y/n said out loud.

This made Y/n anxious since it just came out. She didn't even say it herself. But that was her thoughts.

Akito just chuckled.

"I love you too."