Turmoils

He was standing on a wooden boat that was slowly sliding over the calm deep dark bay. Under the light of the half moon, he glided the sharp point of the long sickle he was holding in water, then thrusted it in the backs of three red-hooded figures, he unthrusted it back and the three sorcerers fell down in water with a splash. Many sorcerers around the coast have noticed the coming danger and decided to throw at him flying swords and daggers. The black hooded figure with the sickle had disappeared with a pop once the curse reached him, leaving the wooden boat empty, but he suddenly reappeared behind his attackers to kill three of them with his poisoned sickle, he hitted the fourth one with the stick of his sickle and sliced his throat with it after tooking it out from the three dead corpse.
Shouts and dreadful curses in peculiar tongues were heard, hundreds of spells were sent in every spot the dark hooded man appeared, he avoided them all by disappearing and reappearing in fractions of a second. In the end, only one remaining figure was straggering, he fell on the ground before asking breathlessly:
"WHO ARE YOU BY HELL?!"
The hooded man held his long sickle on his back, stared at the high moon mountain, and said: "I am the Death Sickle, restoring what has been taken."
Then, the sickle rose high in the air and fell exactly on the sorcerer's neck.
The Death Sickle looked to the collin where some priests were worriedly watching, then looked up to the mountain, he sensed the thing. The sickle man reappeared on the top of it, a cave enclosed by a tough charmed portal in metal. He tried to teleport into it, but didn't succeed before the third one. He found the tiny bright thing, a cristal-like object, shning with slightly changing colors, he carefully took it by pulling up its lace. He examined it, it was rich of energy, as it should be...

Few hours later, the warships of Soronia's realm arrived at the same dark bay of the moon mont, in Yushinda's islands. The salty waves were very calm. The Paladins of the ship sent many illuminating fire arrows on the land below the high mountain, above which their goal resides. The whole scene became better lit.
"Lord, we are recognizing, on the coast, a blood shower, numerous dead corpses of the demonic sorcerers."
The paladins commander, a short square-faced man in a long golden, silver and red robe had said to the Prime advisor of the king Soron the third, a tall man in a long  black robe, with long black hair and a chin beard, who was standing on the front of the warship, his hands grabbed furiously the front deck. The captain continued.
"A hooded man with a long sickle made the butchery a couple of hours ago, it is reported that he fought demonically. There is a probability of him expecting our arrival, Lord. We are indeed facing unexpected great turmoils, Sir."

The advisor bent his knees and jumped  high off the ship to land on the coast. He was running incredibly fast towards the mountain. The paladin captain, who was told by his highly respected Eunophian that the advisor had gifts from Eunoph, was not surprised and followed him with a Yanophian priest on horse, he yelled:
"Lord, please slow down, there might be a trap!"
"Can few traps work on me after all these years? Ridiculous!" then said, "And you priests, how are you not responsible for this?!"
The priest behind the paladin said: "That's maddness! We have been guarding the sacred thing for our lifetime, it's our duty."
The Advisor jumped high up the mountain, to reach for its peak, leaving behind him a circle on the ground due to the pressure. The paladin below the mont cursed in frustration: "May hell come on the Impostor Yanoph!"
The Yanophian priest behind him talked back to him: "It's actually YOUR God, Eunoph, that is the REAL impostor!", the Paladin looked at him in anger, but decided to turn his horse to the road up to the mountain.
The advisor reached the sacred mountain chamber, it was metalic and included a jewelry circle on it, above it was a dense window under the half moon. When the horse with the two men arrived, the advisor asked the priest:
"Open now this damn door!"
Two little men appeared from behind the chamber, waved their arms towards the door, and said laughingly:
"OPEN YOU SWEETY!", then they ran away foolishy.
The advisor watched them contemptingly.
"The door is never opened by us, we can't, even if we want." Said the priest, then he got down from the horse.
The advisor kicked the metalic house three times until it breached.
He stood blank in his spot, the so-called, Bright Jewel, was lost, only an empty space under the moon light projected from the cristal-like window remained.
"I have told you, Lord. The so-called 'Death Sickle' had planned out things, he knew of us!" The captain declared.
The prime advisor angrily kicked the cave's sides, he wanted the magic of the Jewel. He couldn't wait more to get back to his greater state.
"We shall return to our bases, captain, and let's put in mind that we have a new ultimately dangerous threat to Soronia's realm and the faithfuls of Eunoph." He grabbed up the Yanophian priest in his hand threatingly, "And your cult will die very soon!"
The priest proclaimed, "We, the guardians of the moon stone, do not support that Sickleman at all, we have warned him but he didn't obey!"
He considered him before letting him fall while saying, "You will inform me later about your cults' relationship with him."
He watched the dark calm bay. That brat will obey him, when he will meet his new weapons...

+++

After a couple of years, in Soronia Kingdom, and Inside Salawan's long and bustling main roads, Mordan Kay Assiniy, an eighteen years old man, is pushing a heavy vegetable box to a shop from the main market where trader wagons pushed by horses from nearby countries and kingdoms rest to sell their goods, this was a custom known for hundreds of years.

Mordan was in average height, was dark-brown haired and thick. The latter, he thought, was because he had a passion for eating whatever he found, plus he was not used to much physical activities, for he may be considered a library dweller. Sometimes he isolated himself near the Marina of the city.

Finally, he has reached the shop with a sigh and called "Mr.Jaff?", the old man who run it has met him gladfully before closely investigating the vegetables in the box, and felicitated him by a small bunch of stars, the local coins, in the palm of his hand. This is a new job for him, he uses it as a refuge from having to dedicate his time in the acutenesses of leather making, an artwork inherited from his ancestors.
He considers this art as a side concern, he thinks it is enough for him to know the basics of the skill, because his God-Brother has a better acuteness and passion in the field.

"M'boy" said the old man Jaff grievingly, "I've known your father for a long time, He is not meeting us, we his friends, as usual, is he all right?"
"No, old Jaff, he is in bad state in his back, these days, he mostly stays on bed when not on work." Answered Mordan.
The old man closed his eyes apprehensively, opened them and said: "Would you share cheese and bread with me, my grand-daughter has already made breakfast, come!" He waved for him to follow. The breakfast was a traditional model: Goat cheese, green tea, wheat bread, olives, and salted dry small fishes that were very common in the Salwanian diet since the city's economy mostly relies on fishing and fish-processing.

"O son of Lorian," Jaff said with a frown, "I heard that your father is used to visit Yoqori every year to buy rare reptilian's hide, I wonder whether he has found lately something unusual in that land, M'boy?" Mordan's eyes widened, he slowly swallowed his mouthful of bread with a sip of tea, and said: "I haven't heard him saying anything about that, why should he find strange things there?"
Jaff answered, "I am not sure, m'boy, but loads of Yoqorians seem to be coming here from their homelands, we've never heard about much of them coming here  since we've made peace after_the horrible war, you know, and I am not complaining. Thanks to them I am selling my goods tomorrow the thursday!" He laughed, "As you have haerd, they don't follow our temple, which prohibits trade in thursdays."

Mordan found the old man's question very pertinent, he had sometimes heard, mostly from Frski, his Yoqorian God-brother, that many of them were suffering from bad conditions in their homes. However, he thought, the details of 'suffering' are lacking, and the irony is that he has never found this city, Salawan, as a paradise of refuge at all.

On his way back home, his muscles were aching, his clothes were very sweaty, this means for him that he succeeded in "challenging stagnation", as he called it. A process that he believed should help him to get his needs met by his own. This should make him more flexible in his life than to stay confined in a leatheries workshop forever. He reached the brown and copper house situated in a famous alley, the lower floor had the familial leather store, the first floor is where his family lives.
He oppened the door, walked the few stairs, knocked the door and entered. He was met by the silent angry stare of his mother, a thick woman with a slightly grey head, who was trying to feed his sick and half conscious father, she was assisted by Frski, his Godbrother.

His father's state has never worsened like that. He fely really bad, because of his father's state and the probabilty that he had to run his father's store very soon, one of his nightmares, these were expected turmoils...

+++
Hello, thanks for reading, if you were enjoying it, please don't forget to upvote and to leave a comment. Also feel welcome to share your thoughts, expectations and suggestions!