Thirty-Three

It's the night before the battle, earlier Felix talked with Demetri, Lexi and the twins who agreed to meet us after the battle to meet Lera. They have only seen her over a screen but now Lera can't wait, she also knows that they won't harm her.

"Mommy?" I see my daughter look up at me "this Aro, what will happen if he thinks I'm a threat? Will I die?"

"No" shaking my head "you know Uncle Dem? Aunt Lexi? The twins?" She nods her head "they will help us get out of there before anything bad happens"

"But mommy" she cries holding onto me "I don't want them to die"

"Neither do I" I hold her "but they won't and neither will we" Felix opens the flap of the tent to come in, he gets on Lera's other side.

"Daddy?" Lera asks, she looks around eight now "please don't die"

"I won't" he kisses her forehead "I won't il mio ilbrido"

"Go to bed" I order, she nods her head and soon sleeps. When we know she's asleep I look at Felix "if it comes down to a fight, how far do you think we can run?"

"With Demetri, Lexi and the twins help" Felix thinks "farther than the Cullens" I nod head "but knowing Aro, he will either want to kill Lera or use her to get us to come back"

We hear a voice cough, looking over we see that tracker vampire Alister "Alister? Right?"

"Yes" nodding his head "I came because if it comes down to a fight, I won't fight. But I can take your daughter and run her far away from the battle" Felix and I share a look before looking at him "it's clear you both would fight for your daughter's safety"

"You'd help us?" I ask

"I will" nodding his head

"Okay" Felix nods his head "if it comes down to a fight, I want my daughter far away"

"Also make sure she knows we love her" I tell him "incase we don't make it"

"Of course" he nods his head

~Demetri's POV~

The day for the battle is coming soon, I am so pissed that the Cullens have dragged Felix, Charlotte and Lera out of their lives to help themselves. Right now me, Lexi and the twins are far away from the other vampires "Demetri?" Jane asks "what's going on?"

"Felix and Charlotte are going to be there" their eyes widen, I hold my mate to me still afraid she might die. Seeing her under that plane wing or whatever it's called scared me so badly "along with Lera"

"Those Cullens" Jane grumbles "I'm going to kill them"

"Felix told me that their witnesses" I explain the plan "will give Felix and Charlotte enough time to run, we need to help them"

"Anything" Alec agrees "to help them"

"You know" we turn to see Marcus come over "you need to be farther away to hide something from a vampire"

"Marcus" Jane states "we"

"I heard" Marcus speaks dryly "I've talked with Amun, if it comes down to a fight Felix and Charlotte are fighting" our eyes widen "a tracker will take their daughter and flee"

"If it comes down to a fight" Alec speaks "who do we need to take out first?"

"The Cullens" Marcus speaks "their witnesses know that Edward has been destroying true mates and also have agreed to destroy the Cullens since they have caused more harm than good"

"Even the child?" Lexi asks in fear

"No" he shakes his bead

"Demetri" Lexi grabs my arm "we can't let that child become parent less, we just can't" I look into her eyes "please"

"If it comes down to it" I say "we will take that child and leave"

"We" Jane tells us "will help Felix and Charlotte"

"As will I" we look over and see Jasper Cullen or is it Hale, his eyes are also red. Guess he doesn't follow the whole bunny drinking diet "I already know how things will end, Alice told me"

"How does it end?" Lexi asks

"Alice will provoke Aro and Aro will take Alice to get Carlisle to fight" looking around "most of the vampires here will die"

"You need Charlotte" Marcus speaks "and Felix to become the next leaders of the Volturi" our eyes widen again "my time and the others have come to its end, it's time I go back to my mate"

"We understand" Jane nods her head

"I best get going before Alice knows I'm gone" Jasper soon leaves.