Twenty-Five

"Dude!" Demetri shoved shoulder "why didn't you tell us you could do that?" I'm in the apartment with the others, Charlotte was discharged and we aren't leaving for a few days. I'm letting her say goodbye to her friends on La Push before leaving. She's currently sleeping on the bed in our room.

"I didn't know I could" muttering

"How did you do it?" Jane asks

"I was so angry with them" looking away "it was like a part of my soul was telling me to kill them, that harming them would be alright" I go to my mate, I see her sleeping and I climb into bed holding her. She wakes up but when she sees it's me she goes back to sleep and holds me, I hold her close not wanting to let her go.

~Charlotte's POV~

When I wake up, I see Felix holding me and I hug him. Right now, being in his arms is perfect. Like he can shield me from the world, that if anything bad were to happen it wouldn't matter since I have him. "Morning" his cold breath tickles against my skin. My eyes only seeing his beautiful red eyes in the dark since the shades have been pulled.

"Morning" I mutter into his chest "are we leaving today?"

"Tomorrow" he pulls the covers of the bed up and covers me more when I shiver "your saying goodbye to those in La Push first"

"I thought it was frowned upon to do that?" Looking up at him

"For normal humans"

"Am I not a normal human?" Joking

"This feels like a trap" he tells me, I nod my head before I feel a bit hot "what's wrong?"

"Nothing" shaking my head before I turn around and see a trash bin by the bed, I get up soon and vomit into the bin. Oh fuck! Am I sick?

As I vomit, Felix pulls my hair back with his cold rough hands and rubs my back. Looking up I realize it was too fast and vomit again. "Jane!" I hear Felix call out "is there a thermometer here?" Right, whenever I was sick as a child mom needed to use a thermometer some everything to her was the same.

"Here" I hear a beeping near me "101.2"

"Should we get a doctor?" Felix asks

"No" I hear Alec "she just needs rest and be watered"

"Watered?" Demetri scoffs "she's not a plant"

"Just stay by her as she rests, we'll get some soup stuff and stuff like that" Jane assured Felix "keep that trash can by her too"

~Time Skip~

"See" I hear Jane "she's fine"

"She's still sick"

"Why don't we help ease your mind?" Demetri suggests

"Like that lightning that came from you?" Alec suggests. What lighting? Can he produce lighting like Kate? Why do I feel a serious amount of worry?

"I'm calling the kings" Felix declared "this isn't natural"

"How do you know?" Jane asks

"It's a feeling"

~Felix's POV~

"A feeling?" Jane repeats with condensation in her voice "I also have a feeling, a feeling Charlotte is just sick with the flu or something"

"Wait!" Demetri curd between us when we glare at one another "I remember something from my early days as a vampire, give me a moment" he pulls out his phone and dials someone. We hear a males voice "Amun"

"Ah Demetri" Amun happily says "how's it been? What can I do for you?"

"Felix found his mate and something is wrong with her" Demetri tells him "me and the twins think it's just the flu or some normal human thing but Felix is insisting it isn't"

"Hmm" Amun thinks "can you give the phone to Felix?" Handing the phone to me "yes, Felix?"

"Yes"

"Right now what are you feeling?" He asks

"Worried" is all I say since that's all I'm feeling

"Besides that" he says "inside of you, do you feel something besides worry?"

I take a moment and think, well feel. As I do, I feel a bit warm "I feel warm"

"You feel warm?" Alec asks

"Felix" Amun asks "since meeting Charlotte or before that, have you ever had any intense emotions you just don't know where they came from?"

"Like his mood swings a couple months back?" Demetri speaks up

"What mood swings?" He asks

"A couple months back" Jane tells him "Felix started having mood swings, one minute he was fine then the next he overreacted over the stupidest thing"

"Santiago wanted to know if vampires could get PMS" Demetri added

"How old is your mate?" Amun asks

"Eighteen" I answer

"In the past eighteen to nineteen years have you felt not yourself sometimes?" He asks

"Yes"

"It's possible she's your true mate" Amun tells me

"What's a true mate?" I ask

"True mates are extremely rare. It's how they say, a needle in a haystack for vampires" Amun explains "as vampires we have mates yes, but when that mate dies we feel depressed or angry except one day we can have another. True mates are it, true mated vampires know from the moment their other half is conceived that they exist"

"Are you saying are you saying the past eighteen years Felix had known Charlotte existed?" Alec asks

"Yes" I stare at Charlotte "but the intensity of the bond between the two heightens when one normally the human turns eighteen"

"How much is it heightened?" I ask

"An unnatural fever takes over" my eyes widen "think of it like how animals go into heat kind of, but this is her body's way of saying she needs to be turned but also marked"

"Marked?" Demetri asks

"How long has your mate been having a fever?" He asks

"Almost seven hours, the fever didn't break though" I explain "it just got worse"

"Your going to need to bite her" he explains

"But won't that turn her?" Jane asks

"Felix, because she is your true mate you can will your venom to either heal her or turn her" Amun carefully explains "but you need to do it soon, the fever will only worsen by each day" I hand the phone to Demetri and go to Charlotte. Picking up her upper limp body, I lean down and bite her neck. I don't want her turned yet, but I don't want her dead.