Chapter 9 - Live Dangerously

In the library

Natasha followed Clint into the library and as soon as she closed the door, he bellowed, “ARE YOU COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND?!?!!!!”

“Clint, keep your voice down.” Natasha calmly said, “It’s not that big of a deal.”

He looked at her as if she had lost her mind, “Not that big of a deal?? THIS IS A BIG DEAL, ROMANOV!!!”

“No, it’s not.” She insisted, “If we can keep this a secret, nothing will happen. No one will know.”

“I suggest you end this before it’s getting out of hand!” Clint huffed in frustration, “I can’t believe it! You said it yourself that you wouldn’t do this, yet here you are, fucking him again!”

“I want to be with him, Clint.” Natasha replied honestly, “And nothing will stop us from keep seeing each other.”

Clint shook his head in disbelief. Of all the stupid things Natasha could do, she had to choose this one? He had warned her about the consequences if someone found out about this. Her life would end before it even began. Of course Steve would continue on as if nothing happened because he was rich and powerful.

But his best friend seemed to throw it all out of the window. Clint was pretty sure Steve had charmed her with his sweet words and good look. The man most likely wanted Natasha only for sex and once he got bored of her, he would easily dump her.

“You’re dancing with the devil here, Nat. It’s not good.”

“I’ll take responsibility for my decision, Clint.”

"Don't do this, Natasha. Please.” Clint tried again, “He's your teacher. You can't keep sleeping with him. Don’t let yourself be fooled by his charming words, he might not even be the kind of man you think he is.”

But Natasha refused to listen, “He’s not lying to me, Clint. I know.” She eyed him pleadingly, “I just want you to approve this because you’re like a brother to me and I really like him, Clint. And I know it might be too early to say this, but I think he could be the one.”

“You’re out of your mind.”

“Just give him a chance. He’s not that bad.”

Clint sighed, at a loss for words. “Fine.” He said after a moment, “But if he hurts you in any way, I won’t let you near him ever again.”

When she heard that Clint was okay with it, Natasha let out a big happy smile that Clint hadn’t seen in a while. She hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. He returned the hug with a smile of his own. Even if he was still against the idea, deep down he only wanted Natasha to be happy.

___________________

In the living room

Once the door to the library closed, Steve turned to Tony who was now folding his arms and glaring at him.

“Are you crazy? Your own student?!??” The billionaire screeched, “You’re playing with fire here, Rogers. And I can tell you, both of you will burn.”

As if the thought of Natasha wasn’t already burning him. His friend had no idea that every time Natasha was close, Steve felt his body ablaze with desire.

"You can't keep doing this, dude.” Tony continued, oblivious to Steve’s inner monologue, “You can't keep fucking her. You’ll lose everything if someone finds out."

"No one will find out. She’s going to graduate in five months and I think we can keep this a secret until then, Tony. I’m not you who can’t keep anything to yourself."