Chapter 4 - Loose Cannon

Thursday

Natasha came to the class early to make up for when she had been late the last time, thanks to her hangover. She was going to avoid Steve Rogers as much as she could from now on. Last night was proof that Steve could use his charm on her and Natasha wasn’t about to let it happen again.

She sat at the back of the room with Clint, trying hard to concentrate on the lecture instead of the wonderful feeling of Steve’s strong arms around her body. Damn it, Romanov! She shouldn’t have danced with him last night. She shouldn’t have let him touch her. Natasha could still remember the warmth radiating off of Steve’s body and the thought alone made her stomach flutter. He even visited her dream last night. Again. They were lying together in bed, naked. Again. Natasha felt flustered every time this image of Steve came up in her mind, but she just couldn’t do anything to stop it. How could she possibly think of him this way?

Luckily, the class moved on to the workstations and they were given a new project to work on because the previous one had turned out to be a total disaster. Steve told the class that none of the students did well on the last assignment. The best one was B- by, surprisingly, Lorna Lorraine.

“You can pick up your Tuesday’s work at my office, and submit today’s work before 3 PM.” Steve informed when the class was over, “If anyone has any complaint about their grade, leave your contact details with Mrs. Jackson and I’ll try to contact you as soon as possible.”

Natasha went to Steve’s office to retrieve her Tuesday’s work after class. She began to dig into the huge pile of papers until she found her work.

C+

WHAT THE FUCK?!??

That was it. This was the last straw. She would take none of this shit he was giving her anymore. What had she ever done to make him hate her so much?

C+, really?!

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Natasha furiously rummaged through the pile of papers again to find Clint’s work. Her friend also got a C+ and it appeared that the average grade for their class was only C. She opened the door to Steve’s office but no one was there, so she stormed off to the faculty lounge.

The faculty coordinator, Mrs. Jackson, seemed to be expecting her. “Miss Romanov?”

“Yes?”

“Mr. Rogers left this. It’s his phone number in case you need to talk about your assignment.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Jackson.”

Natasha had to wait until her afternoon class was over before she could call him. The moment she walked out of her last subject of the day, she immediately dialed his number.

“This is Steve Rogers.” The voice on the other end answered.

“Where the hell are you?” She screeched, “I’m supposed to submit my work to you!”

“Oh, Miss Romanov, I’m terribly sorry. I’ve an important thing to do. You can leave your work in front of my office.”

“I’m not allowing you to have another reason to give me a poor grade. I’m going to personally hand in my work to you!”

“Alright, I will text you my address.”

“What? Do you want me to go to your house?”

“Like I say, Miss Romanov, I’m in the middle of something right now and if you don’t want to come here, you can submit your work at my office.”

𝓑𝓪𝓭 𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 ❸जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें