NuMbEr BoOk ReViEw: #2

Title: Love and Gelato

Author: Jenna Evans Welch

My Rating: 7.5/10

Ok first off NETFLIX LITERALLY RUINED THE MOVIE OF THIS BOOK. Okay now that that's out of the way, let's actually talk about the book, not the movie XD I'm going to say that this book was SO SWEET and while I really like it, my favorite in the series is actually Love and Olives. But that's besides the point.

Basically, this book is about Lina, whose mom just died of cancer. And her mother's dying wish was for Lina to move to Italy for her last year of highschool and live with her mother's old friend, Howard. When Lina arrives, one of her mom's other friends gives her her mother's old photography journal of when her mom studied there. Lina doesn't know a lot about her mom's time there and as Lina learns to fit in and make friends (a close one in particular being named Ren, who is absolute adorable), she is also learning about who her mom was and maybe even who her father might be.

This book is honestly kinda cool because it doesn't just follow Lina but also her mom as Lina reads about her mom's experience in Italy and tries to figure out who her dad is. The book is just so much better than the movie because they really changed and added a lot of stuff in the movie that wasn't necessary. So that's why the book gets a wonderful 7.5/10 because it's so much better!

I would totally recommend this book, and continue reading the other books in the series because the third is just AMAZING!! There is so much friendship and self discovery and it's just such a wonderful, cute story all across the board!

Also, I'm just going to put it out there, the love interest boys in all three of these books are perfection *chef's kiss*

Yep!! Definitely go read them!!