NuMbEr BoOk ReViEw: #9

So I posted an announcement asking for you guys to give me random numbers that corresponded to the books on my bookshelf. And with these numbers, I'm doing book reviews!! So lets jump right in with book #9.

Title: It Started With Goodbye

Author: Christina June

My Rating: 6.5/10

The basics on this book is that it is loosely based on Cinderella though, honestly, I feel like I wouldn't have been able to see the similarities that easily if they hadn't told me it was like a modern Cinderella story. But basically Tatum, the MC, gets in trouble because her best friend's boyfriend steals some stuff from a store and she just so happens to be there. So she's on house arrest by her step mother and she has to do community service in order to pay the ticket that she got for being in "kahoots" with the guy, or whatever. During all this alone time, she starts a website making business (I think?? It's been a HOT MINUTE since I read this book) and learns a lot about herself and her stepsister and even makes some new friends as she works on her community service/works to rebuild her friendship with her best friend.

OH and instead of the "prince" (the guy) trying to find her, she is trying to find him so that's kinda cool.

I make it sound a lot more boring than it is XD It's actually really cute and lighthearted and fun. It was a quick, cute read that I think would be good for people who like friendship and romance and self discovery and all that jazz, especially if you're in a reading slump.

I gave it a 6.5 because it was pretty good, just not like the best book I've ever read or anything, but it was clean and cute so not bad overall!

So yep! I'll be doing a lot more of these quick little reviews because you guys gave me LOTS of numbers XD So on to the next one!