Chapter 5 : Zenith

'Yong pakiramdam na akala mo okay na pero panandalian lang pala. That's when you realized that things won't stay like that forever. Kung makaramdam ka man ng kasiyahan ay darating din sa puntong babalik din sa lahat, walang panandalian maging ang kasiyahan.

"You said that she's in Florida." I gritted my teeth while my fist were clenched. Ilang beses na nangilid ang luha ko bago ko siya tapunan ng tingin.

"Ang sabi mo wala siya rito?" puno ng sumbat na tanong ko. He shifted his weight uncomfortably and looked at my eyes straightly.

"'Yon din ang alam ko, Zy." I laughed sarcastically while trying to hide the pain that I have felt inside me. Inilibot ko ang paningin sa apat na sulok na opisina ko na tila na mahahanap ko roon ang sagot sa daan-daang tanong na tumatakbo sa isipan ko.

Kailan pa siya nakauwi?

And why the hell did she come back?

I don't know why but recalling what happened in the grocery immediately clenched my heart.

"Honestly, Zy, don't be mad at me. I have no controlled when will she go back," puno ng sarkastikong saad niya dahilan para samaan ko siya ng tingin.

"I hate her so much," I mumbled.

"Yes, you do," he replied and unleashed himself from being uncomfortable around me. He took a deep breath and held my hands. I looked at him blankly.

"You have to compose yourself every time you see her. It's not necessary to fake yourself but don't let them see that you're still affected. Zy, do you understand?" He's like a Dad scolding me so I pouted.

"Don't pout, I might kissed you here," saad niya at humalakhak.

I rolled my eyes when I felt my cheeks heated.

"Sabi ko na crush mo 'ko e," ani ko.

He ruffled my hair. "Dream on."

"Why? Am I not tempting?" buong tapang na tanong ko.

"Maybe, in another aspect."

"In what aspect?" I tried to stifle a smile and played with his hand. He had a long set of fingers and his nails were so clean.

"I dunno." Tumawa siya ng hinampas ko ang kamay niya.

"Tsk. I have to go now." He stood up to prepare for leaving.

I arched a brow. "Saan ka pupunta?"

"Heaven." I bit my lower lip when he playfully winked at me and exited my office.

Baliw.

Buong maghapon ay inasikaso ko ang lahat ng papers na kailangang pirmahan para sa project sa Zambales. I also talked to the legal team for the negotiations and to the construction team that will handle the project.

Kinabukasan ay gano'n uli ang ginawa ko. I talked with the head finance and had a meeting with the team again to finalize the proposal and proceed to the project. It was a tiring day and I'm thankful that Styx had so many papers to do so I didn't see his handsome face.

"Inom?"

I ignore Deux' said and continue tapping my fingers on my desk.

Boring.

That's my mood right now because I didn't see any trace of Styx for the past three days.

Nakakainis! Akala ko ba mahal niya pa 'ko? Oh, bakit hindi siya nagpapakita? Busy?! He can't fucking make time for me?

At isa pa. Bakit ba 'ko naiinis?

I should be happy, right? Because no one will bother my day but, grrr. I couldn't proceed to the plan knowing that he's not showing up.