Chapter 12

Morpheus POV

I could no longer see her dreams and she no longer felt my presence I couldn't even enter her dreams Lucifer had placed a barrier around them keeping me from them. The next night she slept I tried using my power to break the barriers I let my sand run through my hand slowly forming a ball of energy I turned my gaze to the dark shadowy barrier and cast the ball of energy towards it only for it to reflect back. Matthew cawed at me "eh what the hell" I looked back "apologies Matthew, it seems the barriers are resistant to my power" "so what now" "we come up with a new plan and I already have one". It was easy to get into Johanna's dreams she was talking with who I assumed was a loved one under an oak tree "Constantine" "what are you doing here" "I require your help again" "with what" "your niece, when she was unconscious I and Lucifer appeared to her Lucifer gave her two offers the first was to die and be sentenced to hell the second to live but she would have no memory of me obviously as you can see she chose life". "I knew something was wrong when she woke up I told her what happened and when I mentioned you she had no idea who you were, I thought at the time that it was just the medicine given to her".

"No it was Lucifer it was her plan its her way of trying to make Hanna drown in her sadness" "I have an idea" "and what is the idea exactly" "I need Hanna alone if I can't get to her in her dreams I can get to her when she's awake". "I suppose it's alright but if Lucifer erased all memory of you how do you plan to make her remember" "leave that to me".

Hanna's POV

It was odd ever since I got home from the hospital I felt like something was missing I felt alone, broken auntie Johanna came in with a man dressed in black "Hanna a friend of mine what's to speak to you alone for a minute" "ok auntie" he followed me to my room where I sat on my bed he stood looking around. "So how do you know auntie Johanna" "she's helped me a few times" "I know this must be scary for you Hanna" "h...how do you know my name". "I've always known your name ever since you were a baby" "I don't understand".

Flashback, Morpheus POV
One year during my imprisonment a baby was placed in the basement with me, unknown to the guards or staff part of the circle had been erased allowing me to enter her dreams as she grew older she stayed in the basement rarely given food or water she would often go on about her dreams of her mother and how she missed her terribly.

She was left there with me and over time I began feeling protective of her whenever she was hurt or scared she'd come tell me I might not have said anything but she sought me for comfort. Alex tried to make a deal with me in that if I spared him and his father he would let me go free I said nothing of course not wanting to give in.

One evening Roderick came down with his son Alex he became outraged when her overhead Hanna say that she'd let me out if she could. He began beating her with his cane all the while Alex just stood there watching "he'll kill all of us you stupid girl" "w..why would he kill me I've done nothing to him, unlike you and Alex you've kept him here imprisoned in a fish bowl took away his tools took him away from his home all out of a selfish whim".

That did it he struck her across the face repeatedly gaining my attention "and what do you think he'll do to you huh make your wildest dreams come true" "stop please it hurts" Alex then stepped in "father I think that's enough I think she learned her lesson" "YOU STAY OUT OF THIS BOY" "remember this girl I'm letting you live here out of charity all you are is a stupid girl with stupid dreams who never learns".

Roderick and Alex left her there blooded and bruised she crawled towards me resting her head on the glass "I...I'm so sorry" I met her  tear-filled eyes and muttered, "you're right...I won't hurt you".

End of flashback