Chapter 2

Johanna's POV

"Hanna why don't you go on and get ready for bed I'll be in to say goodnight in a little bit" "okay auntie" I watched her go off to her room once she was out of sight I unlocked a box and took out his pouch of sand and tossed it to him "there your magic sand happy now" "yes very" I left him in the living room and went to Hanna's room I heard Morpheus following me. "Alright now go to sleep yes, no getting up again" "but what if the scary man comes".

"He won't" Morpheus said suddenly "see nothing to worry about now close your eyes perhaps the Sandman will be good to you and give you some good dreams for once" I glanced at Morpheus a small smile crossed his face before disappearing. I got up and closed the door to her room behind me, Morpheus was already waiting outside "well I got to go and you have to find the rest of your tools so I guess this is where we part ways" "so it seems yes" "good luck lord Morpheus" I opened my umbrella and began to head back to the church.

Morpheus POV

One item down two to go my helm had been traded to a demon in hell which is where I was going next Matthew began rambling on about telling Lucienne where I was going but eventually I believed he said "fuck it lets go to hell". When the sand cleared me and Matthew looked over hells barren landscape "it has many names Avernus, Tartarus, Hades, the infernal region you call Hell", "so hell does exist" Matthew asked "it does for some" "does that mean it doesn't if you don't believe in it" "did you believe In it when you were a man" I asked without looking at him.

He sighed "yeah I just didn't expect hell to be cold, so which way do we go" "I suggest we follow the damned" "they make you bring your own fire to hell", "are we not sneaking in with them". I glanced at Matthew "a king may not enter another monarchs relm uninvited there are rules protocols which must be followed". A demon appeared on the other side of the gate "there's one at the door at the gate of damnation is it thief, thug or whore there's one at the door and there's room for one more till the end of creation". "Greetings Squatterbloat I seek an audience with your sovereign" "and who might you be".

"I am the king of dreams ruler of the nightmare realms" " yes, my clown so where's your crown" "guard your tongue demon the ruler of hell will not be kind to one who insults an honored guest, and I am an honoured guest in this realm as I am monarch of my own". "So where's your ruby" "shall I use it to haunt your dreams and waking hours too or will you open the gates of hell and let us through" Squatterbloat reluctantly opened the gates "now take us to the palace", as we began our walk Squatterbloat muttered "there's one at the door".