19

Delilah's pov:
"I've missed you so much." I said still holding onto him.

Pony let's go of me and stands straight up, staring down at me.

He gives me a soft smile. He still had a few tear drops resting on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry I sat with cherry at the drive-in. I know I was being stupid and I swear it'll never happen again. I should've stayed sitting with you." He pauses then continues

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

I smiled warmly and wrapped my arms back around him and hugged him again.

He put his arms around me too and hugged me back, tightly. I could hear some sniffles coming from him.

After a few seconds I let go of him. He lets go of me too and we just stare at each others eyes for a second.

His gaze shifted from my eyes to my lips every second. I did the same.

He slowly started leaning in and I did too. We both missed each other. I missed his touch and he missed mine.

He was only gonna for a week but it felt like months.

Our lips connected and he softly kissed me. All while Darry and Soda came running up from the stairs, finally catching up to me.

Me and Pony pull apart and I softly smile at him. He returns it.

Pony now glances behind me and notices his brothers. He lets go of me and runs to Sodas arms first, hugging him tightly.

They cry and hug for a few seconds then pull away again. Soda grabs onto the back of Pony's hair and smiles.

"Gosh look at your tuff hair." Soda said with a goofy smile.

Pony lightly smiled back at his comment. Then Darry was standing behind them, rubbing the palms of his hands on his pants form being nervous.

I knew Darry loved Ponyboy a lot. Pony just thought Darry thought he was a lousy kid and couldn't get a thing straight.

But he was wrong, very wrong. Darry only yelled at Pony because he cared. Pony still has potential for his future and Darry wants him to use it.

Pony stopped smiling and noticed Darry. Darry gave him a nervous smile before Pony let go of Soda and ran to Darry's arms too.

Darry latched onto him like he wasn't ever gonna see Pony again. That's the kinda love Darry has for Pony.

Pony just couldn't see that, but I think he does now.

"I thought we lost you like mom and dad." Darry said sobbing into Pony's neck.

That broke my heart.

After they have a little brother reunion, Pony shifts his gaze back to me.

I went to sit down on one of the chairs in the lobby, Pony came and sat down next to me.

I clear my throat and look around nervously.

"Is Johnny and dally okay?" I finally manage out.

Pony looks away from me and down at his shoes. I could see a frown form onto his face. That got me nervous.

"Pony. What happened?" I asked now concerned. Pony has never looked this upset in  a while and I don't understand why.

Pony slowly looks back up at me. He starts playing with his fingers and biting his lip, trying to think of how to break the news to me.

I just stare at him with concerned eyes, now I'm really nervous.

"I- Johnny didn't look too good." Pony said on the verge of tears.

"A huge piece of wood fell on him, they said it broke his back and gave him terrible 3rd degree burns." Pony said now letting some tears fall down.

"Oh god, I'm sorry pony." I said and hugged him.

He hugged back and sobbed onto my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair and sighed.

"It'll be okay, I promise." I said hoping my words would be true.
——————-

Sorry it's taking me forever to finish this story but it is coming to an end and I'm hoping to finish it by next month.

Anyway thank you for all the reads. It makes me happy knowing people enjoy my work.

Have a great rest of your day <3

- Ava