7

Ponyboy's pov:
Thank God. Delilah was finally able to be let go from her prison and her rude mom to come see me and the gang.

We decided to go to the library together, I asked her too, because it was where we first became friends. It wasn't the first time I've met her though. I knew we had science together and well, I have had a tiny crush on her sense the beginning of the school year.

Not gonna lie when I told her we had science together and her realizing she had never noticed me. I felt a little crushed. How come I noticed her but she never noticed me?

When we arrived at the library and were looking through the shelves. I couldn't help but look up at her.

She had perfect red hair that flowed down to her shoulders that swayed nicely when the wind caught it. Her piercing blue eyes always making me freeze when she looks at me. Her soft, pink lips growing into a soft smile every time she looks at me. Making me melt inside, like a snowman with hot chocolate. She was perfect, in my book she was perfect. She has the best personality. She's sweet, funny, intelligent, just everything good.

That's why when we became friends she made me fall for her even harder. I hope she eventually feels the same.
—————————————
Delilah's pov:
Me and pony had finished up and left to go back to his house. I hadn't found any books I liked but pony found one that looked interesting. He said we could read it together just in case I don't end up liking it.

We were just walking and chatting when of course, the moment had to be ruined by a soc. A mustang pulled up behind us and three socs jumped out.

Me and pony turned around to look at them. We both were frightened out of your mind. Pony had just gotten jumped a week ago, and his scars are still not fully healed.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the soc girl I tried getting." The drunk soc said

Oh no not him! I started hyperventilating. I remembered what pony had told me, that I could've been a victim. I grabbed pony's hand and squeezed it, he squeezed my hand back a little trying to calm me down.

"Man Jim, she sure is a beauty!" One of the drunk soc said.

His names Jim.

"I know! But that skanky broad had to punch me! All for what? Some freak greaser?" Jim said while laughing

All his buddies laughed too. I started running, dragging pony with me. The socs started chasing after us realizing we started running after their laughing fit.

"Get back here! You're gonna pay for not giving me a chance, stupid broad!" I'm guessing Jim had yelled while sprinting towards us.

I kept running with pony behind me, suddenly pony's hand left mine and I heard a loud grunt. I stopped running and turned around. One of the socs had jumped on top of pony making him fall flat on his cheek.

Jim ran up to me and grabbed my wrist proceeding to try and lure me to him. I started squirming trying to get out of his strong grip.

"Let go of me you shit face!" I screamed at him.

I noticed pony was still on the ground face first on the hard pavement while the soc had his knee on his back, putting pressure on it causing pony to grunt. Trying to get the soc off him.

Jim got sick of me squirming so much that he grabbed my waist and slammed me on the ground, making me hit my head hard on the concrete. I hissed in pain while putting my hand behind my head. I felt blood coming out of my head.

"Shit. Shit." I said quietly trying to not pass out, if I pass out these socs would definitely take advantage of me. They'd probably try to hurt Ponyboy too.

"Now hunny you're gonna pay the price." That stupid Jim soc said while reaching in his back pocket and pulling out a switch blade.

My eyes widened. No I gotta get out of his grip.

He seemed to notice my fear and chuckled.

"Oh no sweetheart, this isn't for you. It's for him." While he slowly pointed the switch blade toward pony, who was still on the pavement.

"No! No! You touch him I will kill you!" I said screaming in his face, shifting and moving angrily. God if he touches pony, he won't see the daylight ever again.

"Aw, how sweet tryin to stand up for your boyfriend. Well, sorry hun, but that's what happens when you don't listen to me."

He slowly moved towards one side, still holding me down. Just so I could watch his friends cut pony up.

Jim tossed his switch blade to the soc on top of pony. The soc caught it, and flipped pony over so he was on his back. The soc lowered the blade to pony's neck. I could tell pony's breathing hitched and started getting rapid. His eyes widening with fear, he just got beat up a week ago!

"NO! NO! Don't touch him!" I said while my voice cracked, I didn't want to cry. Then they'll want to hurt him even more. Them thinking it's all some funny joke.

The soc started digging his blade into pony's neck. Pony screamed in pain as the knife went deeper into his neck leaving a small cut.

"HELP! SODA! DARRY! DALLY! HELP!" pony started screaming for help. I couldn't do anything, but watch in fear.

Jim turned back towards me putting both his legs in between my torso and his arms on both sides of my head.

"Now doll, we'll finish what we didn't get to do." Jim smirked an evil smirk and slowly started leaning down, kissing my neck slowly.

"No! Get off her, now!" Pony noticed what he was doing and looked towards me, ignoring the blade stabbing his throat.

I turned towards pony and looked into his eyes and sobbed. I didn't want this. Pony didn't want this. We were finally having a good time, and socs had to ruin it. Every. Time.

Luckily pony's words distracted Jim who stopped kissing my neck and turned to look at pony.

"Aw poor boy to-" he didn't get to finish his sentence as he was punched in the face by someone.

The mystery person punched Jim, repeatedly. Then over on to the soc on pony. He shoved him off pony and started beating his face in.

Pony got up and ran to me, falling on to his knees next to me and grabbed my hand, sitting me up.

"Oh my god! Delilah are you okay? Your head is bleeding really bad!" Pony said while putting his hand on top of my bleeding head.

"I'm fine! But your neck is bleeding really bad too." I said sitting up and touching next to pony's cut.

"Who is that?" I said while looking over at who keeps beating on the soc that hurt pony.

I kept looking closer as my vision was blurry from banging my head, I noticed a leather jacket and a necklace hanging from the guys neck. It was dally. Thank god.

"Pony we better get out of here." I said standing up with pony still holding onto my head.

"Pony let go of my head we gotta run to your house."

"Come on!" Pony said grabbing my hand as we ran as fast as we could back to his house.

We started slowing down when we turned the corner on to his street.

"Are you okay?" Did he touch you?! Did he place a hand on you anywhere you didn't like?!" Pony said starting to freak out

"Pony! Pony! I'm fine, he just kissed my neck a little, but look at your neck pony!" I said staring at his cut. It was bleeding like crazy, it soaked the collar of his shirt.

"I'm fine! It just hurts." He said touching the cut.

"No, no pony, that's really bad your gonna need stitches." I observed the cut more, it was hella deep.

"Come one let's get inside so I can fix that." I said grabbing his hand.

"What about your head??!!" He yelled as we ran the rest of the way to his house.