ii. playing with fire

"Ow

"Ow." Kelsey said as Terry walked her through the Cobra Kai dojo with his hands over her eyes. "Sorry." Terry said and laughed. Terry opened the door and Kelsey felt the hot California air across her face. "Okay, you can open your eyes now." Terry said and pulled his hands away. Kelsey opened her eyes to see a brand new Audi in the parking lot. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned back to Terry. "I thought we were going golfing." She said. Terry chuckled.

"We are. But I figured it's time I got you a new car. The last one I got you is getting a bit old." He said. "That was only two years ago." Kelsey said, running her hand over the shiny black paint. "This is a brand new 2020 Audi Q5." Terry said. Kelsey's eyes widened. "Grandpa, that's not even released yet." She exclaimed. "How'd you get it?" She asked. Terry smirked. "I have my ways." He said. Kelsey ran and wrapped her arms around him. "Thank you, Grandpa." She said. Terry smirked. He leaned down and kissed her on the head. "Anything you want, it's yours."

                                                                                               ***

Kelsey walked into the country club with Terry to see Daniel LaRusso. "How'd you hit em?" Terry asked. Daniel turned around in fear. "They let anyone join these days, huh?" He asked. "Or did you slither in through the garbage chute? By the way, how's your sensei search going? Did I hear you hit a little bit of a snag?" Daniel said. Terry leaned on the counter. "Sabotaging my dojo was not a smart move. Some might see it as casus belli." He said. "Miyagi Do will never back down. You should know that by now." Daniel said. "I believe you two have met." He said as Chozen walked over.

"Sensei Toguchi." Terry turned to Daniel. "You might have some old friends to call upon, but not as many as me. I'm giving you an opportunity, right now, to stand down. No retaliation. No repercussions. All you have to do is stay out of my way." He said. Daniel shook his head. "This is my backyard. I'm not the one who needs to go." He turned to Kelsey. "Kelsey, your grandfather is a liar." He said. Kelsey shrugged. Terry chuckled. "I actually like this attitude on you." He said. "It's a shame I won't get to see it again, because if you continue down this path, nothing in your life will ever be the same again." He continued.

"You're playing with fire, Danny Boy." Chozen stepped forwards. "And I am gasoline." He said. "Boom." Terry scoffed. "Put these gentlemen's drinks on my tab." He said to the bartender. Him and Kelsey both grabbed their drinks and left the building. "Now, let's go play some golf." Terry said.

                                                                                                  ***

"Thanks, Rico." Kelsey said as she walked out of the back room at the tattoo parlor. "Now, don't forget to-" Rico started off. "Dude, I know what to do. I've been here with Eli." She said. Rico nodded and walked back into the room. "Kelsey?" Someone asked and she turned around. "Demetri, Eli, hi." She peered around them. "Miguel, welcome back." She said. Eli looked down at the new snake tattoo that wrapped around her arm. "You're really going full Cobra?" Eli asked.

Kelsey shrugged. Eli scoffed and rolled his eyes. "This isn't you." He said. "Cobra Kai's gotten to your head. Trust me. I would know." He continued. Kelsey rolled her eyes. "This is who I am. I am Cobra Kai. I'm sorry that you just can't accept that." Kelsey said and knocked her shoulder with his as she walked out of the building.