viii. the fall

Kelsey walked into the dojo to see Tory on top of Robby

Kelsey walked into the dojo to see Tory on top of Robby. "Well, I quite enjoy this view." She said. Tory and Robby looked over to her. Tory pecked Robby on the lips before getting up and walking towards Kelsey. She roughly grabbed Kelsey's hips and kissed her. Robby came over and started kissing her on the neck as he ran his hands ran up her sides. Kelsey pulled away from Tory. "As much as I would like to continue, we should probably take this somewhere else." She said. "I don't think Kreese and my grandfather would be too happy about us defiling the dojo." She continued. "Again." Robby added. Kelsey kissed him on the lips before going to walk to her car. "You guys coming?"

***

"Hailing from Reseda, defending champions and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!" The announcer said into the microphone. Kreese and Terry walked out of the tunnel first, with Kelsey, Robby, and Tory right behind them. They lined up at the front of the mat with Kelsey in between her grandfather and Robby. "And finally, this dojo is making their All Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate!" The announcer shouted out.

"Led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!" Eagle Fang ran out of the tunnel and took their place in between Cobra Kai and Miyagi Do. "At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the fifty first annual All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament!" The crowd cheered. "It's karate time."

***

"Alright, fall in." Kreese said. "All your training has brought you to this moment. Remember, if you win, you don't just get a trophy. You get the glory. And you get to know forever that you are a champion." Everyone nodded. "I have had students with all the talent in the world squander their moment. Do not let history repeat itself. Do not let your emotions cloud your judgment. And above all, do not let anything stand in the way of your victory." Kreese continued. "Just to be clear. That's not a pep talk." Terry said. "That's an order. And we're all gonna follow Sensei Kreese's orders today, aren't we?"

"Yes, Sensei." Everyone said. "Aren't we?" Terry asked again. "Yes, Sensei." They said louder. "Let's go win this! Come on!" Terry said. Everyone cheered. Kelsey went to walk away when her grandfather called her over. "Yeah?" She asked, breaking away from Robby and Tory. "I just wanted to say how proud I am of you." Terry said. Kelsey smiled. "Really? Thank, grandpa." She said, giving him a hug. Terry leaned down and pressed a kiss to her head. From across the room, Daniel LaRusso watched with an unreadable expression on this face.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to begin our skills competition. Up first, Demetri Alexopoulos from Miyagi Do Karate, who'll be showcasing the kamas." The announcer said. Kelsey was only going to be competing once in the skills competition, doing kata. "Are you kidding me? What a way to start the skills competition. Clearly, Miyagi Do and Eagle Fang came to play. But with such a tight spread, it's still anyone's game."

Kelsey walked up the mat after Robby was finished. He grabbed onto her hands as he went to walk off the stage. "Good luck." He said, leaning in to kiss her. "Thanks." Kelsey said when they pulled away. Robby gave her another quick peck. "I love you." He said and walked off. Kelsey smirked. That gave her quite a confidence boost. She walked to the middle of the mat and bowed before doing the kata she had learned specifically for the competition.

"And just like that, Miyagi Do has been snake bit as Cobra Kai takes the lead, with our qualifier rounds up next." They all took a break and were doing some stretches when someone started tapping on the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, the male and female division qualifiers are about to begin. And with them, we enter a new era." The man said and the crowd cheered. "That's why we need a very special guest to kick things off. Let's give a big All Valley welcome to multi Grammy award winning, international superstar, Carrie Underwood!"

Carrie Underwood walked out the mat. Kelsey looked up to where her family sat and made eye contact with Porter. "Oh my God!" She could hear him screaming. "What the hell?" She mouthed at him. She started making hand motions, freaking out, and Robby and Tory looked over at her. "Who are you talking to?" Tory asked. "My dad." Kelsey responded. "Yeah. Which one?" Robby asked. "Porter. He loves Carrie Underwood." Kelsey responded. "Honestly, I'm not surprised." Robby said.

"Hello, All Valley." Carrie Underwood said. "I am so honored to be here. I didn't see a lot of karate growing up in Oklahoma, but you guys know I love to compete, just like these wonderful young men and young women. Woo!" She cheered. "One thing I have learned is that everyone gets their shot, their chance in the spotlight. Everyone gets their moment. This one's yours." She continued before starting to sing.

***

Kelsey had won all of her qualifying matches, helping keep Cobra Kai at the top of the leaderboard. She was headed to the quarterfinals alongside Tory, Robby, Kyler, and Kenny. "Alright, folks. We've witnessed some great fighting today. But you ain't seen nothing yet. Because we have arrived at the quarterfinals." The announcer said and the crowd cheered. "Which means things are about to get intense. Of the eight boys and eight girls on this stage, one of each will be named All Valley champion. And then we'll tally all the points to determine which dojo has earned the title of Grand Champion. And since the points get higher in each round..." The announcer chuckled before continuing. "It's still any dojo's game. So you keep your eyes on this here blue mat because we are just getting started."

***

Kelsey had quickly defeated her opponent, and was on to the semifinals. "Hey, I made it farther than I did last year." Kelsey joked, jumping down off the mat. Robby laughed. "Yeah, sorry about that." He said, kissing her quickly. She pulled away and turned to Tory. "Good luck." She said as Tory got up on the mat to fight Devon from Eagle Fang, quickly defeating her. Sam defeated Piper, sending her to the semifinals. Kelsey would have to face her. Unfortunately, Robby and Kenny had to go up against each other in the quarterfinals.

"For our final quarterfinal match, we have a real snake fight. It's Cobra Kai versus Cobra Kai." Kenny and Robby bowed to each other. It wasn't hard to tell that Robby wasn't trying his hardest, as Kenny ended up scoring a point. Kreese quickly spoke to Robby, and Kelsey could see that Robby had a different energy to him. He quickly knocked Kenny down to the ground with a kick. Shortly after, Robby scored another point. Kelsey could see that Kenny was scared. Robby pushed Kenny away and the ref called no point.

Robby kicked Kenny in the back of the knee, still not getting a point. Robby gestured for Kenny to come closer, and Kenny started running. Robby spun in the air and kicked Kenny, sending him to the ground with a bloody nose. "Winner." The ref said, holding up Robby's arm. The ref helped Kenny up and he ran off the mat. Kelsey ran over to the other side of the mat when Robby walked off. "Robby, you good?" Tory asked, joining them. Robby hesitantly nodded. "Yeah."

Eli and Miguel were up against in each other in the boys' semifinals. Miguel jumped up, trying to do a kick while spinning around, but there was a massive cracking noise, and Miguel fell to the ground, screaming in pain. The ref ran over. "Medic!"