vi. obstaculos

"Miguel!" Kelsey shouted out as she walked through the hallway

"Miguel!" Kelsey shouted out as she walked through the hallway. "Hey, Kelsey." Miguel said as she gave him a hug. "Dude, Cobra Kai is crushing it right now." Hawk said to Miguel. "I've actually been meaning to talk to you guys about that." Miguel said. The bell rang. "I'll talk to you about it at lunch." He said. "Alright, sure." Hawk said as him and Kelsey walked up the stairs.

                                                                                                ***

"Sorry. Party's full." Hawk said, placing his feet on the chair that Assface was going to sit in. "Where am I supposed to sit?" He asked. "The rejects table. Over there." Hawk responded, gesturing over to where Bert and some other kid sat. Kelsey and the boys laughed as Assface stalked away. "Hey, man." Hawk said as Miguel walked into the cafeteria. "I heard about what happened with Demetri. How could you do that?" Miguel asked.

"You should be thanking us for getting revenge on the Miyagi Dos. Besides, they're the ones who started the fight. We finished it." Hawk said. "That's not what our sensei taught us." Miguel said. Kelsey stood up. "He's not our sensei anymore." She said. "After everything Sensei Lawrence did for you, you betray him?" Miguel asked. "He betrayed us." Hawk commented. Miguel breathed in deeply. "Look, Hawk, this isn't you talking. It's Kreese, he's got in your head. You can change that if you leave Cobra Kai and join Sensei Lawrence's new dojo." Miguel said.

"If you guys come, others will follow. Okay? We can show everyone that we're not a bunch of bullies. It could be like before." He continued. "He has a new dojo?" Hawk asked. Before Miguel could respond, Kyler's voice was heard throughout the cafeteria. "Hey, guys. Check this guy out. Standing around with a dick in his hand." He said, holding up Demetri's cast where he had drawn a dick on it.

Everyone in the cafeteria started laughing. Demetri ripped his arm from Kyler's grasp and walked out of the cafeteria. "So, these are your friends now?" Miguel questioned Hawk and Kelsey. They didn't say anything and Miguel walked away.

                                                                                                  ***

"Okay, listen up." Johnny's voice was heard as he approached the group of Cobra Kai students. He sighed. "I screwed up. And I'm sorry. I made it about me. And that's not what a sensei does. I took the easy way out. I gave up. What happened here at this school..." He paused to look over at Miguel. "It rocked me to my core. I couldn't look myself in the eye, let alone face all of you." He continued. "Yeah. I guess it makes it easier to tell yourself that." Hawk said. "But the truth is, you bailed on us long before that fight happened. You got soft. And we paid the price."

Johnny stalked towards him. "Now, you listen up. When you came into my dojo, you were softer than a baby's ass. I made you what you are, not Kreese. He doesn't give a shit about you." Johnny said. He turned to face everyone. "About any of you. So, if you wanna keep whining about the past like a bunch of pussies, fine. We can play that game. Wanna stick with Kreese? Go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you when your life ends up in the shitter." Johnny ranted.

"Or you could sack up and join my dojo." The Cobra Kais all glanced at one another. "Havenhurst and Magnolia, tomorrow at 4:00. If you wanna save yourselves, train the right way... you better be there." Johnny said and walked off. "And don't be late!" He yelled out, smacking some kid's books out of his hands. "Sorry, kid. Old habit."

                                                                                                  ***

Kelsey walked around the corner with Tory and Kyler. Hawk and a few others were already there. They stopped in front of Johnny and his students, and waited for Kreese and the others to walk out behind them. "I told you, Cobra Kai for life." Hawk said. Kreese stepped forwards. "Don't worry, Johnny. I'm not here for a fight." He said. "Yeah? Then why the hell are you here?" Johnny asked.

"I'd like to make you another offer to come back to Cobra Kai where you belong." Kreese told him. "You're crazy if you think I'm ever teaming up with you again. The garbage you're feeding them, the shit they're pulling, it's messed up. You're to blame for that." Johnny said. "I have to disagree with you there. I care about my students. They're strong and they're true fighters. And they wouldn't make the mistake of showing mercy and ending up in a coma." Kreese said.

Miguel and Hawk both stepped forwards. Kreese pushed Hawk back. "This is it, Johnny. There's not gonna be another chance." "Good." Johnny responded. "You made your choice. And you are gonna regret it." Kreese said, stepping back. He turned around and left with the Cobra Kais following him.