Chapter 19

"First group, Team Leader, Hangman. Bob and Phoenix, Payback and Fanboy, wingman, Frost and back pilot Fritz." Louise nodded.

She didn't really know Fritz that well, to be honest she didn't really know many people other than her core 8.

They got in their planes and Hangman asked everyone if they were ready. They all responded and lifted into the air.

"Assume position!" He called.
They did exactly that.

"Setting time til target 2 minutes 30 seconds," he called.

They flew through the air turning in unison. Hangman started to pull away from the group so Louise called out to him.

"Hangman reduce your speed," she said.

"Negative increase yours," he replied.

"No we have time, now reduce your speed!" She repeated.

"I said no!" He repeated increasing his speed.

By the end of the mission his team were 30 seconds behind him. Because of his determination to speed up he missed his target and the mission had failed.

Once they were all grounded Louise jumped out her plane and stormed over to him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She shouted.

"Me? What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"I can't possibly think how you'd try and spin this as my fault!" She said.

"I told you as your team leader to increase your speed, you disobeyed and it cost us the mission!" He shouted.

"Listen here you fuckwit, you didn't listen to your team, let your ego take control, sped up to speeds you can't handle and then missed the dropping point!" She shouted back.

"You're just jealous because you can't handle those speeds," he said like a child.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I can fly twice as fast as you but I don't because I respect my teams needs! And even if I did fly that fast, I wouldn't miss the target unlike you!" She screamed.

"Why don't you get that I'm the team leader!" He shouted.

"Why don't you get how to be a team player?" She replied.

"I can, I just don't play team with those who don't even respect you enough to tell you they've moved on!" He shouted.

"So this is what this is about? I didn't choose him, I didn't move on and I do respect you!" She shouted.

"Not what it looks like to me!" He shouted.

"Well you've barely spoken to me so how am I supposed to tell you?" She asked.

"Well I don't know but not now because I'm done with this shit," he said storming off.

She stood there lost for words as he walked away from her.

Bob walked up to her attempting to console her.

"Are you okay frost?" He asked.

"Uh yeah, yeah I'm good!" She replied unconvincingly.

"Let's head inside," he said.

"Yeah that's a good idea," she said.

They walked into the changing rooms to change back into their home clothes. She saw Hangman from the corner of her eye. He rolled his eyes and looked away when she looked over to him.

She had done absolutely nothing and he had decided that he hated her. She was heartbroken.

Once they were dismissed she made her way over to Fanboy.