Chapter 13

Louise woke up several hours later in a hospital bed surrounded by police. A small brunette nurse stood by her side and took her hand. 

"Hello Louise, I'm Emma!" She said smiling, "I'm your nurse."

"What happened?" Louise asked. 

"It appears that your drink was spiked, the police have followed it up and have some questions for you. But you don't have to speak to them now, they can wait until you're ready!" Emma replied. 

Louise nodded her head and told them that she was ready to speak to the police, she was nervous as spiking cases were never followed by the police. 

"Hello Louise, how are you feeling?" The policeman asked. 

"I'm okay thanks?" She said. 

"Okay, good. I'm Officer Johnson, I'm in charge of your case," he explained. 

"I don't understand, why is this a case? Spikings are usually just forgotten about?" She asked. 

"I will explain but first I think you need some support, there's a man outside who has been here since you arrived, can I let him in?" He asked. 

"Okay?" Louise said wondering who it will be. 

"Louise! Thank god you're okay! They wouldn't tell me anything, they just took you in here and then the police arrived! I'm so glad you're okay." Hangman said storming in. 

"Jake! Thank you for waiting for me!" She replied happily. 

"We are all here! Everyone! We were all so worried about you!" He replied. 

"I'm really sorry to break this up, but this is really important. I am going to need you to be calm, Jake. Louise, I fully expect you to react but we need to try and remain as calm as possible." Officer Johnson said calmly. 

They both nodded and Officer Johnson began what he was planning to say. 

"As hospital policy, they ran some tests trying to find what caused you to black out. They found a substance in your system and sent it for further testing. The drink that you purchased at the bar had ice cubes laced with a drug called Botulinum, it's a drug that even inhaled can be fatal to you. Now you drank your drink fairly quickly from the tapes we have seen so it did not give the drug time to settle into your drink enough to kill you," he explained. 

"I don't understand what you are trying to say, Officer?" Louise asked. 

"I'm saying, your spiking wasn't the typical trying to either rob or rape, it was trying to kill."

"Someone tried to murder me?" She asked in disbelief. 

"I'm sorry miss, we watched the CCTV footage at the bar and we found the man who attempted to kill you, we have him at the station and we would like for you to attend the interrogation," he said. 

"Yes of course! When will I have to go?" She asked. 

"We will let friends and family come in and see you now, the hospital will do another check-up before they discharge you, and then you and a support system of your choice will come down to the station!" Officer Johnson explained. 

"Thank you, Officer," Hangman said. 

"Someone tried to kill me?" Louise said shocked. 

"I know Lou, but you're still here and you're okay! Besides they've got the guy now!" He said trying to reassure her. 

"I guess, should I see people now so we can get down to the station?" She asked. 

"Only if you're ready!" He said.