Chapter 16

"Relax you idiots, her car is gone she's probably just woken up early and gone to work," Hangman said rolling his eyes.

"Why would she leave on her own?" Coyote said confused.

"I'm thinking probably because idiot number 1 ignored her and idiot number 2 kissed her!" Fanboy said.

"This is gonna be one fun day!" Coyote said.

They got into the car and drove over to work. Once they had arrived they saw Louise's car and felt a wave of relief.

Hangman walked into the classroom and saw there was a seat next to her, just as he was about to sit down Phoenix ran over and squeezed into the seat before he could.

"Oh I'm sorry, were you going to sit here?" Phoenix said innocently. Hangman rolled his eyes and looked for the only other available seat. It was by Rooster. Everyone could feel the tension as he reluctantly sat beside him.

Maverick walked into the awkward room unaware of any of the events to happen from the passed weekend. He was still buzzing from the weekend after his date with penny.

"Good morning pilots!" Maverick said smiling ear to ear. He was met with dead silence.

"I feel like I've missed something here?" He said. 

"Just world war 3," Payback said. 

"Does anyone want to fill me in?" Maverick asked.

"I think it's best not to!" Bob said.

"Wait what's so big that we forgot that I was fired and now I'm back?" Maverick said.

"Oh yeah! I forgot you were fired!" Coyote added.

"Glad I'm so important to you guys," Maverick said rolling his eyes.

"How are you back?" Payback asked. 

"Nice to see you too Payback! And because I'm that good," he said smugly.

"So what's the plan today? We complete the mission in 3 days." Louise said bluntly.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, what's wrong with you?" He asked.

"Best not to ask," Phoenix said.

"I'm guessing Louise is the centre of this drama that is going on?" Maverick asked.

"Is she ever," Hangman added.

"How's this my fault?" Louise snapped.

"Okay guys as much as I love drama, let's focus on the flying now!" Maverick said. 

He explained how he was now team leader and he needed to choose his group. Louise looked over at Hangman and saw that he was disappointed but was trying to cover it up.

Louise wasn't happy she couldn't be team leader but decided she just wanted to be in the team now.

Maverick tried different combinations and kept working with the pilots. It was a tough day but that kept pushing trying to get it right.

After a long day they decided to let the pilots go to rest up for more training in the morning.

Louise thanked Phoenix for sitting next to her in the classroom. She wasn't ready to face either of the boys yet. I mean what was she supposed to say to them?

She hopped in her car and drove home to have some dinner and relax for the evening.  Once she got home she changed into some Nike pros and a comfy tank top.

She ran downstairs and starting making some dinner. She wanted to be quick as she didn't want to be downstairs when the boys got home but didn't want to leave them without food so decided she'd make it for them all and leave it on the stove with a note.