Chapter 2

Louise woke up feeling less than okay, turns out she didn't do her hangover-preventing routine and boy could she feel it. 

"REX!" Fanboy came in screaming, "IT"S TIME TO GET UP!" Within seconds she launched a pillow at him groaning how he needed to lower his voice. "Awwww, someone have too much to drink last night? Do you even remember the night?"

"No and yes you dickhead, I always have a bottle of water and a piece of bread before I go to sleep to stop my hangover and I didn't last night," she said sadly. 

"Well that'll teach you to drink on a work night," he laughed. 

"Hey, I'm British! We don't know boundaries when it comes to alcohol," she paused, "same again tonight!" Fanboy chuckled at the girl and began getting her clothes together as if he was her parent. "What would I do without you?"

"I'd say not make it to our first day of training," he turned around as she got dressed in her work clothes, "come on then, we can't be late," he ushered her into his car with Coyote and Hangman. 

"Good morning gorgeous, how are we today?" Hangman said smiling at the hung over girl. 

"Shhhh, you're way too loud," she replied answering his question. 

"Well that's not very nice," suddenly Hangman has a mischievous look in his eye, "Hey Fanboy, can you turn the music up please, we love this song!" Fanboy laughed and turned the music up very high causing Louise to groan and cover her ears, the boys began singing as loudly as they could right up until they got to the Top Gun base.

Much to Louise's relief it was quiet at the base, she saw the desks in front of them and plopped herself down by Rooster. "How is my little drunk this morning?" he smiled at his former best friend. 

"Sober and hungover, this shit better be easy!" she replied. 

"Attention on deck," all the pilots immediately stood up, "at ease," they took their seats and turned their attention to Admiral Cyclone at the front. "I am Admiral Bates, call sign 'Cyclone', and you are all Top Gun Graduates, the best of the best," Louise looked around to see all the cocky smirks in the room, she ignored them as she knew she would wipe the floor with them as soon as she was up in the air. "that was yesterday," all the smirking immediately stopped. 

"The enemy has levelled the playing field with new fifth generation fighter jets, now we must focus on training you to have the skill advantage, half of you will make the cut, one of you will be mission leader," Louise noticed Hangman sitting back cockily in his seat, she rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Cyclone. "The other half will remain in reserve. Your instructor is a Top Gun graduate with real world experience in every mission aspect you will be expected to master."

They all look around thinking who can train this elite group of people,"Introducing Captain Pete Mitchell, call sign Maverick," Louise sat up happily, she loved her Uncle Pete. She looked around the room at people's reaction and most were less than impressed. Rooster had obviously had a history with Maverick and did not want to see him, Fanboy and Coyote assisted in throwing him out the bar yesterday so they did not respond well. And Hangman led them in throwing him out the bar so he rolled his eyes and twizzled the tooth pick in his mouth, Louise had to admit, when he did that, he looked very good. 

Cyclone left the room so that Maverick could teach, "Good Morning," he said loudly and happily. Which was met by some unenthusiastic mornings and one groan from Louise who was still hungover. This drew his attention to the girl as he chuckled, "Someone had too much to drink last night?" he laughed. 

"Well it's kind of hard not to when some old guy gets kicked out so I get free drinks," she said smirking at Maverick, "thanks by the way!"

Maverick rolled his eyes and returned back to teaching, "I'm sure you are all know they F-18 NATOPS manual inside out and back to front?" He said causing a few cocky smirks and a 'damn straight' from Hangman causing Louise to roll her eyes. Maverick then promptly threw it in the bin causing those smirks to drop, "so does your enemy, but what your enemy doesn't know is your limits. And I intend to find and test those limits." Louise could practically feel Rooster rolling his eyes at their instructor, the hatred was seething off him.