Background Information

Louise "Rex" Jones is a British pilot who moved over to the USA entirely when she was 18 to pursue a career as a fighter pilot. She was a part of the RAF when she was back home but achieved all she could achieve before climbing ranks so she decided it was time for a new challenge. 

She always visited America every summer due to her having close relations there, she had viewed Admiral Tom "Iceman" Kazansky and Lieutenant Pete "Maverick" Mitchell as her uncles ever since she was a baby. They had no blood relation to her, or even through marriage. Just that her dad had flown with them when she was 2 years old. Her dad was called Leonard "Wolfman" Wolfe, she had always admired him. She took her mother's last name though as her mother was British and proud of it, Elizabeth Jones, she was a hell of a woman. So when both her parents died when she was 7, she felt it was only right to live in England. I mean she didn't have a choice, her only living relative was her Aunty Heather who lived in Worcester in England. 

She and her Aunty Heather weren't exactly close, Heather had always resented Louise as she felt she got stuck with her, that is why she shipped her off to live with Uncle Tom for 3 months in summer. They may have been blood-related, but as far as she was concerned, Louise had no connection to her Aunty Heather, so when she could legally move at 18, she took that opportunity. 

As soon as she was cleared for the Navy she began straight away, she was based in Florida and flew for 1 year before she was asked to go for training at Top Gun. Of course, she graciously accepted. When at TopGun, she met two close friends "Coyote" and "Fanboy". When she first met them Fanboy was absolutely mesmerised by the girl, he thought she was brilliant, funny, pretty and just all-around perfect. But she quickly friend-zoned the young man before anything happened. 

After another couple of years after finishing first in her class at TopGun, she was called back for a special mission, she wondered if she would see either of her friends there. And maybe a childhood best friend that she was completely in love with at one point. Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw. She saw him every Summer when her uncle Tom would hold a get-together for his Top Gun class, he and Carole (his mother) would always attend in honour of his father "Goose". 

The pair developed a close friendship and spent every day they were apart texting each other. He also happened to be Louise's first time when she was 16. But they don't really talk about that now. In fact, they haven't really spoken in the last 2 years since Louise graduated Top Gun. But something made her feel they would talk soon, very soon.