Prologue pt.1: The Idea

A woman is walking through the forest, long raven hair pulled up in a bun, her three piercing blue eyes scanning her surroundings as she walks, almost as if she's looking for something.

It's late at night, the full moon shining brightly through the cracks of the trees, illuminating the area just enough to see clearly

The woman walks calmly, making her way to a large clearing in the depths of the forest and looking up at the sky. The stars shine brightly, twinkling like glitter on a black background.

The woman continues to gaze at the stars and as she stares a star whizzes across the sky, a shooting star, but not just any shooting star.

The star doesn't disappear and instead gets brighter then changes direction, to straight down. The star falls from the sky, not quickly but like it's floating.

The closer the star gets the woman sees a soft magenta glow coming from it, it being the shape of a diamond. As the star floats down to the ground it begins to change shape.

Slowly it changes from the shape of a diamond, to a silhouette of a woman. As the bright light fades, a women that seemed to glow with pink hair, wearing a pink sweater, a purple shirt, and a magenta skirt with white heels and eyes that look like they hold a galaxy, stands there with a bright smile.

 As the bright light fades, a women that seemed to glow with pink hair, wearing a pink sweater, a purple shirt,  and a magenta skirt with white heels and eyes that look like they hold a galaxy, stands there with a bright smile

The raven haired woman gives a small smile back and speaks, "hello, Hoshi." She says. Her voice lacks emotion, it's authoritative and cold, if it wasn't for her smile you wouldn't be able to tell she was happy.

"Natalie! It's been a while my dear!" Hoshi responds, her voice bright and cheery. An echo follows her every word as if she's in a large empty room, making her sound otherworldly. Fitting, for that of a star.

.

.

.

"Monsters have been on this earth for centuries, and yet our society is scattered. I want to be able to change that, to make a place where monsters can live freely without being hunted, especially our young ones. I want to build something like what humans have built, something that can help other monsters in some way... do you have any ideas, my friend?" Natalie has been trying to find a way to help turn the monster population into a real society, consulting her dear friend for help. She wants to start with a building, one with a helpful purpose, to mark the start of building a community.

"Maybe we should open a hospital?" Hoshi suggested after thinking for a second. "There are already small clinics some monsters have opened scattered around, and I do not have the medical knowledge to oversee a hospital. Perhaps whatever we decide on could have a clinic of some sort in it." Natalie replied.

The two had threw a couple of ideas back and forth, but couldn't seem to settle on any of them. Natalie wanted a place where monsters could get food easily, like a restaurant, but didn't want something with that sole purpose. Hoshi suggested something with medical, that was important but not what Natalie was looking for. Natalie wanted a place for young monsters to be housed, as a lot of monsters don't have homes but instead something like that of an animal den.

"So food, medical, housing. Those should be simple enough to combine right? But what would that be?" Hoshi pondered aloud, trying to think of something while muttering ideas under her breath.

"A place to educate young monsters would be good too. I've met many monsters with little to no control over their abilities, due to having no one to teach them. And because so many monsters spend their lives hiding, they don't know much about the world or humans besides knowing they are dangerous."

As Natalie finished her sentence, Hoshi jumped up excitedly. "Oh! I know! We should make a school!" Hoshi exclaimed. "A school? I have never heard that term before." Natalie responded, tilting her head questioningly.

"It's something humans came up with, it's a large building where humans send their children to be taught things. There are different people that teach different subjects, there's a cafeteria, a nurses office, and some schools even have dormitory's which the students live in during the school year!"

As Hoshi excitedly finished her explanation, Natalie looked deep in thought. After a moment, she looked up at Hoshi with curious eyes, "tell me more."

Fun fact with hoshi! I hide my glowing aura and cover my eyes in order to go into the human world! That's how I know what schools are!