chapter 14

Another day of sailing until we set up our last camp for the evening, until the morn when we set off on foot. A day since Aragorn and I first made love.

It was hard not to smile from ear to ear when I had went back to camp that night, a little after Aragorn did once we dressed ourselves. How I would have preferred us to sleep naked in each others warmth listening to the sound of the running river, we could not risk anyone seeing us together in such a way.

For Aragorn as our leader, it would make him seem as though he would rather make off with a women then lead us, and for me I might seem to the others as a whore.

The only giveaway that we had done anything was our drying hair from when we swam in the river, and honestly theres no harm in that.

But today is something no one expected. So much blood was spilt and no one saw it coming

"I advise you recover your strength, master dwarf," I heard Aragorn speak to Gimli. They had seemed to butt heads over our new path to Mordor, but Aragorn was set on heading north through Mordor.

"As should you," I speak up and cross my arms over my chest, quirking an eyebrow at Aragorn who gave me the same look.

"As should you too," Aragorn says back in a playful manner, stepping closer to me.

"I need not. The sleep I got from Lothlorien is enough to satisfy me for weeks," I tell him and he scoffs, shaking his head slightly.

"No thanks to me," Aragorn mentions and I roll my eyes, pushing him away by his shoulder. He grinned.

"Of course you'd take the credit," I reply and Aragorn just winks at me and I roll my eyes once more at the man who gave me butterflies with a single stare.

But suddenly, Legolas who has been on watch comes out from the brush, a worried expression on his face.

"We should leave now," Legolas says and my ears perked up in an instant.

"No. Orcs patrol the Eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness," Aragorn shoots back but Legolas shakes his head, a level of concern rised on Aragorn and I's face.

"It is not the Eastern shore that worries me," Legolas continues and pauses a moment to look around at the forest around us. I did as well. Beyond the trees, something disturbing rattled between the trees. I was beginning to understand. "A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near, I can feel it."

"I sense it too, we should continue on, make camp at nightfall, no fire, just rest," I agree with Legolas as I warily look around, feeling a growing coldness surround my body. This should not be good.

"Where's Frodo?" We heard the voice of Merry then who had went to collect firewood, and in an instant, the sleeping Sam just a few feet away jolted awake at the sound of his dearest friends name. My heart pounded.

"Wheres the blasted hobbit?" I yelled out and Aragorn caught my shoulder, his eyes not on me but on something else, getting me to turn in his direction and my heart fell to my stomach.

A head of us laid Boromir's shield with no Boromir near by.

Aragorn knew of my concern over Boromir, I had told him the night before, briefly stating I did not trust him despite using him for foul play against Aragorn. Aragorn agreed with me. He never liked his closeness to the hobbits, specifically to Frodo.

"Track him," Aragorn says to me in sindarian and I do not hesitate to heighten my senses for a taste of Boromir of Gondor.

I make haste through the thick forest, that uneasy darkness nearing us as we speak. I had eventually found foot prints of which I could relate back to Frodo. And if I can find Frodo I bet Boromir wasn't too far behind.