43 - baby blues

(y/n) p.o.v.

Recovery Girl waves her hand in front of my face, "(Y/n)?"

I snap back into reality, "Uh, sorry."

Jeez, I keep zoning out.

She sits down in front of me, "I'm assuming they told you everything."

I nervously play with my cuticles, "Uh, ya, I got the gist of it."

"Did they inform you about your pregnancy?"

I roll my eyes. Not this again. I swear to god, I'm working out as soon as I get home. This is ridiculous! "Why does everybody keep saying that? I'm not pregnant!"

Her lips perk up in amusement, "Are you sure?"

My frustration is quickly replaced with doubt. I worriedly glance down at my stomach. 

No, there's no way.

I'm not pregnant. 

Right?

I would remember getting pregnant.

Oh god, what if I don't?!

I don't know what to believe anymore. 

Uh, fuck me!

Oh, shit, no. That's exactly why I'm in this position in the first place! Don't fuck me. Nevermind.

Recovery Girl sees my uneasiness, "(Y/n), you're obviously very confused right now, so why don't you just take a pregnancy test? You know, to clear up the air."

I absentmindedly nod and she stands up to get the test ready. I can't believe this. Could I really be pregnant? Is that why everybody looked so shocked when I told them I wasn't?

Did that bastard really make me forget my own baby?

Oh god, please don't let it be true.

I'd be the worst mother in the world.

Wait, if I really am pregnant, who's the fa-

"Ok, pants off Sato."

I look up at Recovery Girl completely stunned. What the fuck? What kind of pregnancy test is this? I thought I was just gonna pee on a stick or something!

I look at her with wide eyes and my mouth slightly agape. She nervously chuckles, "I mean, pants off in there," she points at the bathroom. She shakily extends a little medical cup out to me, "You pee in it". I scoff and laugh to myself, she could've said that first. I hesitantly take it then go to the bathroom. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

After a few minutes, I finally walk back out to the adjoining room and hand the cup to Recovery Girl. She puts gloves on and takes a little strip from her desk and dips it in. "Pink means pregnant." She holds it up and I see the tip of the paper is a bright fuchsia.

My breath caught as I stared at it.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

My expression must have been one for the books because Recovery Girl's smile immediately drops. She disposes of everything and quickly takes off her gloves. She rushes over to me and guides me back to the little hospital bed.

I start panicking and jumbling my words together. My mouth not able to keep up with my incoherent thoughts, "How is this...... I - I can't......I don't even.......I'm - I'm not......what is....." I keep rambling until Recovery Girl shakes my shoulders. I focus my gaze back on her, "Deep breaths (Y/n)."