41 - the truth

Katsuki.

Bakugou.

I try to rack my brain for any indication that we knew each other. But I come up empty. He must have noticed my blank expression because I hear him heavily sigh as if he's disappointed in me.

Guilt washes over me.

I look away, no longer able to meet his melancholy gaze.

Then Tape-Face emerges from the other side of the car and runs over to us. I hear him approach.....Bakugou. But all this time, Bakugou's eyes never leave my face. I do my best to ignore him and instead focus on the zipper of my sweater, mindlessly moving it up and down.

Bakugou turns to the side and meets Tape-Face. I can feel Tape-Face's gaze land on me, "So, what do we do now?"

Bakugou gruffly responds, "We take her to Recovery Girl."

Recovery Girl?

Mmmmh, nope, never heard of her.

I lift my head and ask, "Who's Recovery Girl?"

Bakugou faces me once more, concern etched onto his face. Tape-Face answers instead, "She's a healer. She'll help you."

Tape-Face draws closer to me, much like Bakugou did at first. He kindly reaches his hand out to me, "Will you please come with us?"

When I don't immediately answer him, he nervously chuckles. I opt for analyzing his expression and behavior instead. I narrow my eyes at him, "You promise you're not a villain?"

He puts his hands on his hips, replicating a hero pose, and exclaims, "I promise! You can always count on me!"

Ha, that was surprisingly adorable.

A faint giggle escapes my lips.

Either I'm losing it or he's telling the truth.

Fuck it.

If I die, then I die. I just hope they make it quick.

I nod, "Ok, then. Lead the way Mr. - "

He chirps up, "Oh, I'm Sero Hanta."

"Ok, then lead the way Sero-san."

He extends his hand out to me once more and I bashfully accept. He gently holds my now-soaked-gloved hand and places me in front of Bakugou.

Blondie looks a little pissed off but doesn't say anything.

So, what now? I realize the car we were in was just fucking destroyed. I voice my concerns, "Do you guys have another car?"

They both sweat-drop and Sero starts muttering, "Ya, about that, you and I actually took the getaway car, so..."

I finish his sentence, "So we're stranded. In the middle of the street. During a huge thunderstorm."

He rubs the nape of his neck, "Kinda..."

Just my luck. 

So without reservation, I laugh at the situation we're in. Of course, this would happen. As if sloshing through ankle-deep puddles wasn't enough.

But from the corner of my eye, I see Bakugou with a......yearning expression? 

What could he possibly be missing? He looks like the type of guy to get what he wants when he wants it. So why does he look like I just took away his favorite toy?

My laughter dies out as Bakugou fixes his face.

"So, how are we gonna get out of here?" I ask them.

Bakugou sighs after a couple of seconds, "You can't go back to the festival because it's still not safe, but that's where all the cars are, so..."