20 - stop teasing me

disclaimer: baby chapter with baby smut!

My eyes widen in alarm.

In embarrassment.

And he has the gall to smirk back at me.

After a few seconds, he turns away while I'm still trying to process what the heckity-heck just happened. I'm left staring at his defined back and I don't know if that's better or worse.

My eyes trace his defined muscles and I can't help but want to reach out and touch them.

Worse.

Definitely worse.

I lie flat on my back and stare up at the night sky through the windowed ceiling. But despite the night sky being at my disposal, all I see is Bakugou.

Bakugou's face so close to mine.

Bakugou's lips just a breath away.

I trace my lips with my fingertips wondering how it would feel to have his lips on mine.

Was Bakugou going to kiss me?

And did I want him to?

Obviously yes, since I didn't freaking move!

Ohhh, what's wrong with me??

Knowing I won't be able to resolve this problem, with said problem sleeping right next to me, I sit up and quietly climb out of bed. I leave the room and hope to God I figure this out before it gets out of hand.

With no definitive destination in mind, I head over to Kaito's room and see that he's sound asleep. I leave a slight gap in his door as I leave to go downstairs.

Once I reach the living room, I stand in the middle of it with no idea why I came down here in the first place. Then the pool water reflects the moonlight right into my eye and I take it as some weird sign to go outside.

The fragrance of the pine forest hits me like a truck and I know it's better than any candle out in the market. I breathe it in and pray that this wonderful fragrance will take all of my worries away.

I slide the backdoor shut with a small resounding click and I make my way over to the edge of the pool. I sit down and stare into the clear water, faintly wishing that it was summertime so I could just plunge in. But sadly hypothermia is in fact a very real thing, so I just settle for putting my feet in instead. 

The cold water immediately makes me recoil, but after a while, the water becomes manageable, and I even start to relish in it.

Once I've had my fill, I lift my head and admire the moon's warm milky glow on the forest. Wands of rising branches became dancing silhouettes in the moonlight. Bringing a comforting beauty to the graphite night, one that seems particularly somber at the moment.

Suddenly, without invitation, Bakugou's face pops into my head.

Right, the thing that drove me out here in the first place.

How could I forget?

I think of the little scene that happened not 5 minutes ago, and I flinch at the horrendous memory. I bury my face in my hands and tell myself, "You're so stupid (Y/n) . . ."

Why would Bakugou do that?

He was probably never going to kiss me, but I . . . 

I actually wanted him to . . . 

I remove my hands from my face and scoff at the situation I'm in.

Of course, I want the one person who wants nothing to do with me.