24

Hola!
Dedicated to all my readers.

Chapter 24.

JEANNA'S POV:

It's already been a few days and not a single sign of Mexicans.
I spent all my time at home holed up in my room, catching up on school work.

I looked up as my door was pushed open. I sighed as my dad frowned.
"Hi Dad. Need anything?" I asked closing my laptop and sitting up.
"How are you holding up?" I blinked at him obviously shocked.

"I'm okay. Why?"

"I don't hate you Sunset" I swallowed at the nickname.
"Okay. Thanks?" I sounded stupidly unsure. "You're making it really hard to have this conversation" He pointed out.
"Maybe that's because I don't want to have it." I stated bluntly as I rolled my eyes.

"You're very difficult Anna. Mia was never this hard to deal with." He sighed and I scowled.
"Really? Too bad cause I'm not as perfect as Mia. I'm not a prim and proper daddy's princess. Sure, I drink and smo-" My dad immediately cut me off.

"You Smoke??!" I frowned.

"I wasn't done talking. And no! I don't smoke... Maybe but whatever! Point is You want me to be her which is unfortunately so sad because it can't happen. Not in this lifetime and definitely not the next." I ranted.

"Why do those people want you?" He asked. I shrugged. "I have no idea. I'm as clueless as you're faking to be." I really did need to get a hold on my tongue.

My father gave me a stern glare before turning and leaving my room. I yelled out in fustration and threw my pillow at the door.

"Anna." The unmistakable voice of My mother was heard.
I sat back up as she sat beside me. She pulled me into a comforting hug.
"I'm so tired of all this Mom" I whispered. She kissed my forehead.

"You'll be fine. I know it. Your grandparents are flying in next week. There's something you need to know."

I stared up at her confused.

"Your grandparents..... They're like some really important people. That's mainly why I didn't let you and lalisa close to them." She began. This sounds interesting.

"Why? Are they dangerous?" I asked.

"This might seem hard to believe but your father hates Lorenzo because we used to be friends back then."

I felt my jaw go slack.

"That's why that bastard was onto me!" She frowned at my language.
"Yes. That's just a little part. When I was younger, I wasn't the person to be messed with because of who my parents were." She said. What?

"Who your parents were? Who were they?" I asked totally confused.

"My father's father then was the head of the Russian mafia. The same one my father is the current head."

I stared at my mother. What the hell?!
I always knew my mother was from Russia, I just didn't expect her to be that important.

"What!!" I couldn't help the yell that escaped my mouth. She chuckled.
"Your father reacted even worse. He fainted." I snickered.

"So you're saying you're the potential heir to a mafia?" I asked. She shook her head.
"Your uncle Leo is the one who will succeed. That's if my father finally steps down." She explained.

"Jesus. This is alot. I'm the granddaughter to a Mafia. God!" I said still in shock. She smiled.
"You have that fire in your heart Anna." She said softly as I connected my eyes with hers.