🧸CHAPTER 4🧸

Opening the door, Vinny saw Jack waiting for him with wide eyes. The cat meowed making him smile and sat down to pat the cat's head.

"Are you waiting for me?" Vinny asked Jack while he buries his head in the red hair guy palm, satisfied to be caressed.

Vinny chuckled and playing with the cat for a bit, he stopped to look at the clock on the wall. It's still early so he'll probably take a shower and then go to the hospital. Vinny stand up to get some cat food to feed Jake and then he took off his clothes to go inside the bathroom.

When he finished showering, Vinny brought some things he needed to go to the hospital. He put on his shoes to step outside and look over at Jack.

He said "Be good, Jack! I'll be back soon".

Jack meowed like he was answering back to him, he opened the door and locked it carefully.

On the way to the hospital, the cold wind blew made Vinny shiver a little. He remembers the day when he had a party at Minu's house, it was raining heavily so he guessed the weather might be getting colder these days.

"Next time I should bring her warm coat" Vinny thought of his mom "And a hot pack too".

Thinking of his mom, Vinny sighed in relief because her surgery was very successful. Her health is recovering very well, she ate better than before and looked happier too.

But the doctor said that he wants to observe more about his mom condition, because it is not sure if it will leave any sequelae so she has not been discharged yet.

Since he was a child, Vinny has only his mom by his side. That's why he doesn't want his mom to be alone in the hospital, he wants to be there when she needs him. So every time he comes home from school, Vinny will always goes to the hospital to take care of his mom.

He simply wants to spend time with her more, that's all.

Then Vinny remembered the day his almost fell into the abyss, that abyss is so deep that he can't even struggling. It's filled with darkness that's slowly swallowing him, making him completely out of control. 

Vinny's only goal at that time was to earn money, he would do anything just to get money at all costs. Because he didn't care that it was illegal, he did a lot of wrong things.

He threw away his personality.

Hurt Yumi by breaking up with her.

Giving up his passion just to join in racing betting.

He even gave up on.

On those who truly considered him as a friend.

 _____ Flashback _____

At first everyone was angry because he didn't say anything to them. Well he didn't blame them because he was disappointed at himself too. Vinny thinks maybe they will never forgive him again until Minu lends him money to help with his situation.

"Minu... why?" Vinny surprise.

Shelly smiled "Duh? Because you're our friend".

Vinny looked at everyone speechless, guilt welled up inside him "But didn't I betray you guys? Don't you guys blame me?".

"Of course we do, you bastard!" Yuna crossed her arms.

"And I'm totally mad at you too!" Dom lightly punched him "I should have hit you at that time!".

Mia touches Minu's shoulder "But friends never leave each other".