What is she doing?

She didn't notice me looking at her and admired my face a while more before she looked at my eyes, when I smiled and then my lips, deep in thought, the pushed my hair back with her fingers so gently so it wouldn't fall out of place again. 

The feeling of her fingers in my hair sent a shiver down my spine, and I thought what it would feel like when she had her hands in my hair. 

I caught her hand before she would evoke new feelings I wasn't ready to face just yet. She looked back up at me and I smirked.

I knew she was attracted to me.

"Like what you see?" I asked her in a sultry tone, and she licked her lips. 

Fucking hell.

The grip of my hand tightened around hers and I looked at her lips, perfect. And I wanted to kiss her more than anything right now. 

I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it gently, putting it on the table with mine still covering it. 

I never left her eyes once, and leaning forward a bit, until someone cleared their throat behind us and she looked back and I followed suit.

What is he doing here?

She stiffened when she saw him.

"Am I interrupting something?" He said and looked at our hands.

"Yes. You are." I told him firmly, very pissed that this guy had the nerve to show up in front of her again.

"Well, no worries, I just came to grab a coffee and ooh! Brownies!" He exclaimed as he sat down by himself and looked at her. I pulled my chair closer to Belle's and draped my arm on the back of hers.

Marking my territory.

"I still remember this place... It's been so long since I came here last.. That was with you, and you look amazing, by the way." He looked at her again and then glanced at me and smirked.

He drank his coffee, taking his sweet time.

"I thought your date was Gareth on the party." He asked suddenly, drawing us out of our thoughts.

"Yes he was, until I ditched him." She answered and I looked at her.

I wonder how he felt about that.

"I believe you. You never lie, after all. Isn't that right?" He looked at Belle who nodded her head slowly.

Did she not lie?

That's it, I can't take it any more.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have to be somewhere, so we'll be leaving now. Enjoy your brownies." I said getting up and holding my hand out to her who took it without hesitation and followed me out, and into my car.

Leaving Michael Woods dumbfounded and me very satisfied.

Take that asshole.

"You okay there?" I asked her but she nodded silently, so I thought leaving her alone would be the best thing to do right now.

I glanced at her again, her face full of worry and took her hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"It's going to be okay. Come on now, your brothers are waiting." I said and got out of the car, holding the door open for her. Slipping my coat on I took her hand and led her inside the office.

We went in holding hands and people stared at us as if we were aliens. She left my hand once we reached my office and voices could be heard from inside, and we both went in.

They all looked up from the table at her, then back at me. Lance went over to her, hugging her tightly.

"How are we feeling love?" He asked her.

How could he not tell she was hurting? It's written on her face.

"Better, thank you." She told him, with a small smile.

"He was there." I stated as I sat in my chair and faced them, looking at Belle, then Lance, who had his jaw clenched by now. I knew he knew whom I meant.

"You can go home, if you want. Are you okay?" Lance asked her concerned.

"I'm fine. Besides, I have a lot of work to do anyway." She told him and sat at her usual place on the couch and took out her designs and started working on them.

"Yes, he said he'd be here in a few minutes." I heard Lucas say as I stepped into my office, and her head shot to me. I walked towards her slowly, sitting beside her.

Taking a plate I held it out for her and took one for myself while she ate and stared off into space.

Who knows what she's thinking of now.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her and she looked at me confused.

"Huh? What?" was all that left her mouth and I chuckled at her response, causing her to smile too.

You have a beautiful smile.

"You were zoning out again. You sure you're okay?" I asked her and she nodded, looking away and continuing eating.

"I got your roses, by the way. They were beautiful. Thank you." She suddenly said and I smiled at her. A genuine one. I saw those roses that day on the way to work and thought of her.

"So... about the party and all that happened there." I started to speak.

"I'm assuming we need to talk about it. Sooner rather than later." As soon as I said this the door opened and Lance walked in, stopping in his tracks when he saw how close we were sitting.

"Isabelle." He glared at me.

I was only talking to her, jeez.

"Lance! Everything okay back at the office, I hope?" She asked him suddenly, to fill the awkward silence perhaps, but it didn't seem to work.

"Mr. Thorne, I would like to invite you to dinner tonight, at our house to discuss some things regarding, you know." He looked at Belle and she choked on the water she was drinking, causing me to turn towards her in concern and rub her back.

I realized what I did when Lance cleared his throat and I suddenly stopped, so did her coughing and I retracted my hand away.

Great timing.

"Is 8 okay for you?" Lance asked again.

"Yes, I'll be there." I answered before the offer expired, and I we both gave each other a nod in understanding before they left, leaving me a frustrated wreck at what tonight's dinner might entail.

At least I'll get to see her.

* * *

What does Lance intend to do when Belle and Adam seem to be growing closer? Does he trust his sister or does he help her before she gets hurt?

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: Juice or soda?

Vote, comment & share!