"Are you guys...?" She questioned us, looking back and forth.

"No! There's nothing going on Taylor and you know it, I literally just saw you less than 12 hours ago." She defended herself.

How cute.

"A lot can happen in seconds, let alone 12 hours." I added, giving her a sly, innocent smile and she scoffed.

She scoffed

No one had the audacity to do that to my face, let alone behind my back. And yet, this woman was driving me crazy.

"Listen, Mr. Thorne, I only kissed you because you were stuck with that model, and it wasn't even a real kiss, it was like... a peck!" She looked into my eyes and I stared at her blue ones, slowly taking her hand.

"You look very beautiful today and might I say, sexy? Did you dress up for me? Because I think it's working." Her friend gasped as soon as I said this but it only riled her up even more.

"I think I'm gonna go, have fun Belle." She said and ran out of the cafe, leaving Belle completely bewildered at what just happened.

"What is your problem?"She said to me, sounding  angrier now.

"I was only trying to help you out, not shove myself into a relationship!" She exclaimed.

"Is that right?" I asked her, and realized she was wearing her glasses, so I reached forward and took them off.

It must hurt when people recognize you as his girlfriend.

"There, much better now. You have striking eyes. Why do you hide them?" I still asked her this question even though I knew the answer. But I felt there was more to it than the story.

"Just... because." She said, looking away. 

"Don't change the subject." 

She was still hurting.

"And why would you kiss me?" She asked me suddenly, disrupting my chain of thoughts and taking me by surprise.

"Because you kissed me first. Didn't you want that?" I asked her.

"It was fake, and no!" She said through clenched teeth.

"Really? I don't believe you." I said and looked at her, staring deep into her eyes, but she gave away nothing.

"I don't lie." She said.

"Everyone lies." I stated as a matter of fact.

"I don't." She defended herself, a cute pout forming on her lips.

"Still don't believe you." She scoffed at my response.

"Ask me one thing you think I won't lie about." She said and my mind instantly went looking for questions she could answer without lying. I could ask her something I already knew about her.

Why was she cold to her step mom and sister?

Why did she break up with her ex?

Was she dating Gareth King? Wait, where did that come from?

My phone suddenly rang, and I glanced at the screen. 

Charlie Williams. I can't say I'm fond of the guy but I trust him enough .

"Excuse me." I said and picked up the phone and kept sitting there.

I was discussing some things about a new project when I felt a hand come towards my face and pushed a stray strand that fell on my forehead, and I looked at her, a frown on my face.