"Don't take too long." He motioned to Adam.

"Lead the way." Adam said and smirked at me before following me out of the dining hall, up the stairs and into my room.

Wait, why am I taking him there? 

I stopped in my tracks in the hallway and thought for a moment, before continuing to go again.

I can't talk to him anywhere else where people won't spy on us.

Opening my room door, I went in and he followed.

"Nice room." He told me as he looked at me.

"Don't pretend as if you haven't been here." I told him and folded my arms across my chest. He put his hands in his pant pockets and looked straight at me and smirked.

"So you know, huh?" He asked me.

"Yes, I know." I mimicked him and he chuckled.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He sighed and asked me.

"I think you know exactly what I want to talk about." I snapped at him.

"Please, enlighten me." He told me and looked at me expectantly before making himself comfortable on the couch.

I sat down away from him. 

"Listen, I really appreciate all that you've done for me but really? Why would you let my dad believe we were together?" I asked him and he seemed to take time to form his words.

"Weren't we though? Together I mean?" He asked me innocently.

"No! We were not! And for the last time, it was all a fucking ruse!" I suddenly snapped and he looked taken aback before smiling.

"My, my, Ms. Edward, you're not exactly the prim and proper lady everyone talks about." He chastised me and I scoffed.

"Come on, I'm sure you're dying to be with me. I know everyone else is." Adam waggled his eyebrows playfully and I scoffed.

As if.

"Just because a large amount of women have an unhealthy obsession with you doesn't mean that I don't have an equally large number of love letters in my side drawer." I smirked at him when his smile disappeared from his face and his brows furrowed.

"What?" He asked me confused.

"You heard that right." I told him, putting one of my legs on the other. 

"Why? are you jealous?" I asked him with a slight grin and heard him scoff. 

"Jealous? Me? Tell me something that actually matters sweetheart. Like how you look beautiful tonight. I hope you didn't take too much time getting ready for me." He looked at me directly and I looked right back.

I could feel him squirm under my scrutinizing gaze, but he didn't once look away.

Impressed.

"This is important, and I'm not going to fake a relationship with you." I stated simply. There was no way I would lie, even if it landed me a hot guy.

Huh, I just rhymed.

"Why not? As I see it, your father already gave us his blessing, in his way. And your ex is roaming around somewhere and from what I've gathered, your'e not exactly very fond of him, are you? Then coming to the press, they already have pictures of us, kissing. Twice." He told me and I looked away.

"It wasn't real." I glared at him.

"They don't know that, and I don't think you can tell them, can you? He smirked at me, knowing he had won.