𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐲

Start from the beginning

"You're serious?" She asked and Valencia nodded her head.

"Yeah, you got into Brown's early admissions"

"Oh my god!" Asteria said loudly which caught Miguel's attention. He walked over to the two.

"Woah, what's going on?" He asked as he wrapped an atom around Asteria's shoulder.

"Um-"

"Job promotion, don't know if I'm taking it" Valencia covered for Asteria.

"Congratulations Ms. Luna" Miguel said with a smile.

"Anyways, we should be headed home" Valencia said, helping out her daughter. "I'll wait in the car"

"So you're graduating early?" Miguel asked as Valencia walked away.

"Yeah, I am" Asteria said with a small smile. How could she tell him she was leaving in a mere few months?.

"I'm literally so proud" Miguel said as he cousin control his smile and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"I'm just graduating" Asteria said as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Yeah but early, and you're smart you can get into any college without trying" Miguel said as he pulled away and ruffled her hair.

"I'm poor Miguel" Asteria said as she swatted away his hand.

"Doesn't matter" Miguel said proudly and Asteria felt so guilty in that moment. Yet so in love that someone like him, so supportive, could ever love her.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

The next day at training, Asteria was a little late and she ran into the dojo of Miyagi-Do. "Sorry I'm late! There was traffic and my alarm didn't go off—"

"It's okay Asteria, just come join the group" Daniel said as she ran and joined the rest of Eagle Fang, who were staring at the koi fish.

"Woah, is that real koi?" Asteria asked and Daniel nodded.

"They sure are" Daniel said. "Todays lesson is simple. Catch a fish" He instructed. "But since i know you Eagle Fang like a little competition, i'm gonna make it interesting. So the first to succeed will have the honor of leading class all next week" He explained, but noticed how they weren't that excited. "And you get to choose the flavor of gatorade I buy next week"

"Aw hell yeah! Hope you all like Glacial Freeze" Mitch said happily and Astrid's shook her head.

"Okay, where are the rods?" Miguel asked.

"Back in my garage, your bare hands are all you use and all you need" Daniel instructed and instantly Asteria cringed.

"Wait, you mean like we have to touch fish?" Asteria asked and Daniel nodded.

"Yes"

"Gross, gross" Asteria said as she shook her head in disgust.

"Don't be scared Luna" Hawk joked and she rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm not scared Hawk, just hate the feeling of scales" Asteria mumbled out and Miguel just put an arm around her shoulder.

"On your mark, get set, go" Daniel said and as they all went around the pond, they'd struggled to grab a koi fish. Miguel, being Miguel, he leaned a bit to far forward and lost his balance, ending up in the pond than catching a fish.

"Looks like you're a little wet behind the ears" Daniel said as Miguel got up fro air. The team laughed, i clouding Asteria.

"Dude you're drenched" She joked.