𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝟎𝟏

En başından başla

the plane ride was short and uneventful to say the least. currently, it's roughly around midnight, you were cooped up in your new house, standing idly in the middle of the living room with your hands on your waist. e/c eye scanning the already set out furniture, lacking any spec of dust due to them being brand new.

the house resembles a modern-like style, both interior and exterior. it's also protected by walls that act like gates and can only access through the front gate, unless someone is brave enough to climb over the walls and send the alarms blaring, then you suppose that was another option too.

no one was getting in or out without you knowing, these precautions were absolutely necessary, especially in a state with rising crimes. you were not risking anything, a break in, an attempted murder, a robbery? nothing.

you would assume whoever attempted to do the following listed are insane in the membrane, this house was built on private land meaning it was hidden, not too far away from civilisation but enough to not be noticed.

everything was monitored, everything had sensors, every hour and every day, active 24/7.

you huffed with a small frown, maybe it was time to get some shut eye. this place alone wasn't enough to ruffle your feathers just yet, you were livid at the fact of what was to come next, though you can't complain all the while since you were the one who said yes in the first place. there was no turning back...

or maybe there was.

not like you were going to stop, though you did wonder the possibilities of what would happen if you did. this thought alone was enough to make you grin, if you quit, the justice force wouldn't really be able to do anything, would they?

would they pay more? perhaps reward you with all the cash in the world, begging you to take the job. people don't call you a genius for nothing, especially when you have your own industry.

despite the good and tactical possibilities to earn money out of this, there was also a downside. if you resign from the job, maybe the higher ups would torture you to do the job? just maybe, maybe they would sentence you to death if you didn't want to willingly cooperate.

this was all so enticing, so thrilling!

every possible outcome and income needed to be thought carefully and essentially, like a game of chess. your next move could either be a another day of seeing the light or unjustly being sentenced to death, it all depended on you alone. no one else, just you.

'detecting a life form from the exterior of the walls', the built in speakers blared, cutting all your thoughts to a dead halt. you quickly made your way to one of your tech rooms which had monitors monitoring from every corner of the land.

a camera just outside the gated walls, pointed towards a nearby forest, dark and eerie. you couldn't see anything, despite your sensors saying otherwise. you pressed a button on a keyboard, pressing another just below another monitor.

now, one monitor viewed the forest with night vision, as the other monitor viewed the forest with heat signatures. instantly, the heat signatures showed a clear view of a singular life form just between the looming trees. you squinted your eyes, seeing as the figure look around, inspecting your home with caution, lacking the knowledge that they have been caught red handed.

you contemplated on what to do, everything was locked, the curtains all closed, sealing a view from the outside to the inside or the inside to the outside.

'permission to send a warning shot?', the voice of an AI spoke through the built in speakers in your house, you completely forgot your house had weapons, armed and loaded. from machine guns to missiles.

you leaned on the panel filled with buttons, ignoring the AI's question with furrowed eyebrows. "how did they find out about this place so fast..." a single query that had slapped you not moments ago, sure there was construction here to make this building but as far as your concerned, there weren't any houses nearby. civilisation was also a bit too far away for a human just to walk here, there were no signs of vehicles around as well.

your confused expression soon faded into a large grin, you leaned back, not leaning against the panel any longer.

a realisation occurred in the stormy thoughts of your brain, you let out a cackle, covering your mouth with your palm. "i... signed up-for... some fucked up bullshit!" you managed to exclaim,soon enough your cackles turned into chuckles, you let your arm drop to your side as the room was filled with unexpected silence.

absent with your laughter, though audible beeps from monitors and CPU's covered for the surprising silence. the heat signature still detected a figure, standing and inspecting.

your mouth dropped into a thin line, your eyes engulfed with a sinister look, your eyebrows knitted together as your face casted a shadow.

"send a warning shot."

------------------

ahh i hope this book last longer than my other books that i keep publishing and
un-publishing...

i really like this book so god please help, give me strength!