Prologue

I never really wanted to be different, to stand out from the crowd. It meant to parade yourself to others that could judge you, hurt you and break you down.

I'm not going to say I was unlucky because in reality my life was alright, okay. I had a good family and friends but they just couldn't understand what it was like. To be different.

From a young age, I felt like an outcast. Different from all the other children. They would play outside with out a care in the world. I would stay inside, my pale skin cased in the darkness while I read or learned about new things. I was teased for knowing things the other children didn't. My mother always said it was because they were jealous, I'd beg to differ.

As I grew older, I noticed ... things. Things that shouldn't happen. Like when I was angry or sad, it would rain or when I was happy or excited, the sun would shine so brightly.

The ... things were getting more intense. So intense. And one day everything turned sour, there was an accident. It was bad and I know it was my fault. I felt it in my heart.

A couple of days, they came they called themselves SHIELD and that they were going to help with whatever was wrong with me. I thought that I had nothing to lose. I made the right decision, I met new people that I learned to care for quickly.

And even though, I didn't know it yet it would led me straight to where I needed to be. With him. Always with me.