The Dark Lord's Cousin (SS)

Start from the beginning

It turns out that his father had a much younger sister who wasn't there that night... And that woman has a daughter - the Dark Lord's cousin.

The Order has talked about finding the Muggle woman in order to hide her from him. They fear he might be looking for her so he can create yet another Horcrux...

They can't let that happen. Plus, they know for a fact that he wishes to end his entire Muggle family. His aunt is presumed dead, but the cousin is alive somewhere.

The only question is - where is she? And who is she?

As the stress is slowly getting to him, Severus decides to pay Y/N a visit. However, when he arrives, he doesn't see her. Instead, he spots an older man.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?" the man asks.

"Well... I'm looking for Y/N Y/L/N, the owner of this shop. Is she not here today?" Severus questions.

The man gives a sad smile. "Unfortunately, she isn't. She hasn't been here for a while. I'm merely here until she returns" he states.

Severus blinks a few times. "She isn't here...? Where is she? When is she coming back?" he asks, almost sounding desperate.

"I wish I could tell you, but the truth is... I don't know. She didn't tell me that" the man says, sighing.

Defeated, Severus turns around. However, just as he's about to leave, a thought crosses his mind. But it isn't a pleasant one.

"If you don't mind me asking... Do you know if she has always had the same last name?" Severus asks, fearing the answer.

"She has. However, her mother didn't. She was a very nice lady, I knew her during our younger days" he reveals, smiling at the memory of Y/N's mother.

"What was her last name?" Severus asks, sounding a little impatient.

"Ah, her last name was Riddle. Y/M/N Riddle. I remember that one of her older brothers killed the other brother and their parents. It was a tragic story. Y/M/N was very young and was visiting her aunt at that time. After what happened, she lived with her ever since" the man explains.

Severus widens his eyes. His worst fear is true... Y/N's mother was a Riddle! Y/N is the Dark Lord's mysterious cousin!

But if she isn't here, then... Could the Dark Lord already have found her? Is she already dead?

He leaves the shop in a hurry and apparates to Hogsmeade. He quickly approaches Hogwarts and enters the castle, running towards the Headmaster's office... Only the old fool isn't there.

Growling, Severus decides to pay the members of the Order a visit. He enters Grimmauld Place, being out of breath.

"Ah, Severus. Is everything okay?" Remus Lupin asks, raising an eyebrow at the Potions Master who's out of breath.

"Where... Where is... Dumbledore...? I need... to talk... to him" Severus manages to say.

He doesn't care that the others see him like this - out of breath and probably sweating from running back and forth. All that matters right now is Y/N. Is she okay? Is she alive?

Finally, the Headmaster decides to show up. "Severus. Is everything okay?" he calmly asks.

Severus balls his hands into fists. "No, everything is NOT okay! I know who the Dark Lord's cousin is! We must hurry, she could already be dead-!" he exclaims just as Dumbledore stops him.

"We know, Severus. She's here. We decided to put her into hiding here where she would be safe. I must have forgotten to tell you" the old man says, his eyes sparkling.

Severus stares at him, dumbfounded. They knew... And they didn't tell him?!

"Where?" he demands.

"The room next to yours-" Dumbledore simply says just as Severus runs up the stairs.

He immediately opens the door, not even thinking of knocking. And there she is - Y/N Y/L/N. She's safe.

"Severus-!" Y/N exclaims. She however barely gets to finish her sentence as he hugs her tightly. She immediately hugs him back.

"I thought I lost you... I thought you were dead" he whispers, not daring to let go of her.

She rests her head on his shoulder. "I'm okay, I promise" she assures him.

He sighs. "So... You know everything? What I am? And what's going on in our world?" he slowly asks.

She nods. "I do. I must admit, I didn't believe them at first when they asked me to come with them. But they showed me something - some sort of memory. It was enough to convince me that they were telling the truth" she explains.

She then sighs. "I had no idea that one of my uncles had a child... My mother didn't either. She at least never told me. I can't believe I have a crazy and dangerous cousin... He made our uncle kill our other uncle as well as our grandparents..." she whispers, shuddering at the thought.

Severus squeezes her shoulders. "I'm sorry that you are involved in this..." he whispers.

She looks up at him, offering him a reassuring smile. "Well, at least you can tell me anything now. You don't need to hide anything since I know that you are a wizard" she says.

Giving a small smile, he hugs her even tighter than before. "I just hope that we will both survive this, because... Because I have fallen for you" he admits. He feels her intertwining their fingers.

"I have fallen for you too, Severus. And both of us will survive, I just know it" she assures him.

And she's right. The Dark Lord never found her, and Severus survived Nagini's attack. After the war, Y/N and Severus live happily ever after together.
———————————————

Author's note:
There will be a part two on 12/26/2022!

The next one shot "Arousal Potion" (LM) *smut* will be published on 9/5/2022!