The Dark Lord's Cousin (SS)

Start from the beginning

He hums as he grabs it. "I have never read this one before" he mutters as he reads the back of it.

Y/L/N peeps at the book. "Oh, I love that one! I promise you won't regret reading it" she tells him.

Nodding, he retreats to his armchair and starts reading. He occasionally answers her questions and sips his tea.

He suddenly realises that he has been there for a few hours when the rain finally stops and customers start to show up.

He immediately closes the book and clears his throat. "I apologise for taking your time..." he says as he rises from his seat, ready to leave.

Y/L/N smiles at him as she grabs the two empty cups. "Don't worry, Mr. Snape. I rather enjoyed your company" she confesses, her cheeks a little red.

"So did I" he admits, his own cheeks slowly turning pink.

As more and more customers enter the shop, Severus decides that now is the time to leave.

"Anyway, this book was rather interesting. I would like to buy it" he says as he searches his pocket for some money.

To his horror, he realises that he only brought Galleons with him. How stupid could he be?! He knew that he was going to MUGGLE London!

Apparently, he's just as much of a dunderhead as his students...

As he sees Y/L/N talking to another customer, he tries his best to put the book back on the shelf sneakily. However, she immediately notices.

"Mr. Snape, did you not want the book?" she questions, looking confused.

Severus sighs. "I did, but... I realise that I forgot my wallet at home..." he tells her, hoping she will believe him and let him leave without any more questions.

Her next words surprise him, though.

"Oh... Well, you can have it. For free" she whispers, clearly not wanting her other customers to hear. They might just demand free books as well.

He raises an eyebrow at her. "Really? Are you sure?" he asks, feeling unsure about this. Is she truly fine with him taking the book for free?

She nods, smiling at him. "Of course. I really did enjoy your company today... If you want and have time, you can come back and return the book. You may borrow another book next time" she says, chuckling a bit.

The corners of his lips slowly turn upwards. "If that's the case, then... I'll be back for another book soon. And thank you, Ms. Y/L/N" he says.

"I'll look forward to it! You may call me Y/N" she states.

"Well, Y/N... You may call me Severus" he mutters. He almost winces when he notices an older lady cooing at them.

He clears his throat. "I'll see you again, Y/N" he tells her as he quickly leaves. As he does so, he can hear Y/N giggling while she helps her customers.
______________________________

It's been a few years. Severus always visits Y/N's bookshop whenever he has time. He often uses the excuse that he needs a new book - which isn't the case most of the time as he has read almost all the books she sells, but still.

During these years, he has slowly started to fall in love with the Muggle woman. She has been so kind to him.

Besides, he thinks that she's... really beautiful. Whenever they are together, he can't seem to keep his eyes off of her. Especially not her lips...

Right now, Severus feels stressed more than ever. Not too long ago, the Order found out that the Dark Lord didn't kill all of his Muggle family members when he was young.