twenty eight | hide & seek

Start from the beginning

This drive wasn't so bad, he was only a few blocks from his office. So it took him a little over ten minutes to get there due to traffic. Parking his car, he checked his watch for the time. He had forty minutes left, so, he needed to hurry up if he was going to complete the challenge like he yearned to.

"Yo, how's it going?" Tremaine showed the night security guard his work badge, once cleared to go upstairs. He hurried for the elevators. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon," he impatiently jabbed the up arrow.

When his phone started to ring. Digging it out of his pants pocket, he saw it was Stevie. Smiling he answered placing the phone to his ear.

In a flirtatious, seductive tone she laughed. "Hi Mr. Maverick, having fun?"

Smiling he stared up at the numbers above the elevator. "Actually I am, I'm currently on the way to retrieve my third clue. That's only if I'm right,"

She laughed once more. "Hmm, seems like you better hurry up then! You have three more to find, and you have what.... Thirty, twenty five minutes left? Welp, don't seem like you're going to make it," She laughed in a mocking tone.

The elevator dinged and Tremaine climbed on. "Don't underestimate me, beautiful. I love a good challenge, besides on the drive over here? I've already thought about seven different positions I'll be putting you in tonight, when I do win, so, you might want to stretch, I'll see when I'm done," And like that he ended the call.

"We'll see, sir," He read the text that dinged across his notifications tab.

Making it to his floor. He climbed off the elevator and headed right over to Jade's desk, quickly his eyes scanned around the paperwork and things, and didn't see anything, sighing he stood there pondering on what she could've meant. When he saw Jade's ecology textbook sitting there. She'd left it by mistake. "Is it?" Snatching the book up he flipped through the pages, when something dropped out.

"Hell yeah!" Tossing the book back onto her desk. He bent picking the envelope up from the floor. Ripping it open, he pulled the paper out to read his next clue.

"I'm impressed! You've found the fourth clue! Pretty easy huh? Yeah well this one will require a little more work, step into your office..."

Utterly compelled and intrigued, he wondered bewildered on just how she'd gotten all this done before he got home. But then he remembered this was Stevie he was talking about, the skilled, masterful individual he knew her to be, so this wouldn't be anything hard for her to pull off. Smiling to himself, he made his way over to his office.

Opening the door he stepped inside. Looking down at the note he finished reading it.

"There you will see two locked boxes, both labeled, one box holds your next clue, and the other holds pictures of what I'll be wearing tonight, if you find me in time, so, it's up to you which set of keys you'd like to spend what time you have left searching for. Have fun, and I'll see you soon! Maybe  :) "

"Aw fuck, fuck!" He laughed as he balled the note up in his hand. "You know I want both! Fuck, Stevie!" He laughed harder as he started to move around his desk to find the keys.

"C'mon, c'mon," He overturned things on his desk, shuffled through drawer and papers, files and things on his desk. When he knocked over his drink cup from earlier onto the floor. "Fuck! I knew I should've threw this away earlier," He bent down to snatch the cup up when he noticed something shiny taped under his chair.

"Yo, yo oh shit! Keys!" He hollered joyfully as he dropped the cup back to the floor and snatched the keys from the bottom of the chair. Leaping up to his feet, he hurried around to the front of his desk to check the lock on the boxes.