"She's doing great! Erza has awakened Ambient Energy Manipulation! Her powers are growing pretty quickly," I reply, smiling proudly.

"Well, it's no real surprise, considering who her parents are," She says. We gaze at each other until Val states firmly, "He won't see you."

"But, that's why we brought Gwen. Thor's always seen her as the little sister he never had," Bruce says as I feel worried for my brother-in-law.

"He's that bad, huh?" I ask.

"We only see him once a month when he comes in for... supplies..." Val trails off and we follow her gaze behind her to a pile of beer barrels, stacked against the stone wall.

I grimace as I mutter, "It's that bad."

Nodding, Val affirms, "Yeah!"

Bruce, Rocket and I follow the directions Val gives us and find ourselves outside of a house a little ways away from the main village. With seagulls chirping in the distance, Rocket pounds on the front door.

When there was no answer, he pounds again before the door swings open with a creak

When there was no answer, he pounds again before the door swings open with a creak. The second we step inside, a dank smell like ages old beer hits my nose, nearly making me gag.

 The second we step inside, a dank smell like ages old beer hits my nose, nearly making me gag

The hallway was cramped with coats and brooms stashed against the wall.

Rocket says, "Whoo! Somethin' died in here!"

I call as we step further into the house, Bruce knocking aside some broken glass, "Hello? Thor?!"

"Are you here about the cable? Sent a fax about two weeks ago, and... sports channel's kind of fuzzy," Says a fat, shirtless man with long stringy blonde hair and beard as he goes to a table with a bowl of ice and a couple of beer bottles in it.

"Thor?" I gasp, hardly recognising my brother-in-law. I notice Korg and Miek sitting in the couch playing video games. Korg is wearing a shirt with pineapples printed all over it. The blonde man turns slowly towards us and gives a cry of surprise, his sky blue eyes lighting up especially when he sees me.

"Boys! Gwen! Oh, my god! Oh, my god!" Thor exclaims joyously as he hugs Bruce first and then pulls me in for a tight hug, hugging me tightly. "It's so good to see you!" Thor then turns to Rocket and pulls him against Thor's big belly as he scrubs his furry head. "Come here, you cuddly little rascal!!"