Chapter 8

Gwen's P. O. V:

I step out onto the bridge and make my way down the stairs just as an explosion blasts through the ship, causing me to fall partially over the railing. I latch my hands around it as I grunt at the pain.

Once everything was steady again, I lean against the railing and gaze around, trying to figure out what the hell that was. The other agents in the room were just as confused as I was.

They then start running around, trying to organise things as beeps go off through the helicarrier, and most were grabbing weapons.

I spot Maria at a computer and immediately rush over to her as she looks at a screen, and I look as well. "Hill!" Fury screams through the earpiece.

"Internal detonation. Number 3 Engine is down," Maria says.

"We've been hit!" Another woman says.

"Can we get a run in?!" I ask as we jog over to a man at a computer.

"Talk to us!" Maria adds as we gaze at the screen.

"Her mind looks mostly in tact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air," The man tells us, pointing.

"We lose one more engine, we won't be," Maria states, remaining deadly calm. Maria presses the war peace to her right ear as she contacts Fury. "Somebody's gotta get outside and patch that engine."

"I can fly out there—" I begin, only to be cut off by Fury as Maria and I head back our computer.

"Not you. You're needed in here. Stark, you copy that?"

"I'm on it!" I was relieved to hear he's still alive.

"Coulson, initiate offensive lockdown, in the engine section, then get to the armory," Fury says as Phil jogs down the stairs.

"So, what am I supposed to do?" I ask, slapping my hands against my thighs as I gaze worriedly after Phil.

"Stay put. We might have need of your healing abilities," Fury repeats, making me sigh. "Romanoff?!"

A loud roar tears through the ship, meaning that The Hulk has arrived.

"Bring the carrier back to 180, heading south!" Fury orders as he jogs onto the bridge landing. "Take us to the water!"

"We're flying blind," A dark haired man tells him, glancing at Fury. "The navigation is recalibrating after engine failure."

"Is the sun coming up?!" Fury demands as I gaze from him to the doors, biting my lip, and sneak towards them, slipping through the throng of agents.

"Yes, Sir."

"Then put it on the left! Get us over water. One more turbine goes down, and we drop." I barely pause to look back at him in the doorway, just before Fury exclaims, "And where is Bloom?! I thought I told her to stay put!!"

I vanish out of the bridge before anyone could notice me, making me way towards Phil, praying I'll get there in time.

I follow Phil from the armory to the glass cell, keeping a safe distance. He has this large weapon in his hands, like he was going to try fighting Loki. We reach the cell but I hang back when I hear Loki laughing triumphantly inside, ducking behind the door.

"The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?"

I peer in to see Thor trapped in Loki's cell, the ravenette having escaped and is stand by at the control panel, while Phil stands behind him, holding the gun at him, after having knocked out one of Loki's cronies.