Chapter 48

Gwen's P. O. V:

Thor picks up a bottle and throws it at my husband. It hits his forehead, instead of going right through if he were an illusion, and drops on the floor, shattering. Clearly, my husband sitting before us is the real deal.

I give Thor a "Really"? look.

"Oww," Loki groans, head lolling to the side

"Will you stop doing that?!" I hiss at the lightning god, causing him to flick his gaze to me

"I just had to be sure," Thor states, shrugging his shoulders as he follows after Valkyrie.

I drop to my knees before Loki and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"I'd hug you back, dear, but, as you can see, I can't," Loki mutters.

I pull back and cup Loki's cheeks, asking, "Are you okay, Loki? She didn't hurt you too badly, I hope?"

"It's nothing I couldn't handle," He says flippantly.

I have to smile at that.

I smile softly at him and ignore the others staring as I kiss Loki's lips, feeling him lean into it.

Thor and Bruce give fake coughs as I pull back, and Loki grins dazedly at me.

Loki and I look back to see Bruce has entered. "Hello, Bruce," Loki says, eyeing the doctor wearily.

Bruce says, "So, the last time I saw you, you were trying to kill everybody. Where are you at these days? I hear you and Gwen got married? You sure you didn't mind control her, or something?" Thor must've told him when he escaped earlier.

"It varies from moment to moment. And, no, no mind control was involved at all. She chose to be with me. All of Gwen's feelings she feels for me are real, and she'd do anything to protect me," Loki says with a little smirk.

As Valkyrie sets a blade wrapped in cloth on the bench, Thor goes over and says as he unsheathes it, "Is that a dragon fang?!"

"Yes, it is."