Chapter 10

Gwen's P. O. V:

I catch up to Tony in no time, gazing behind him.

I call out to him, "You've got incoming!" For there's a Chitauri flying right on his heels—and mine.

"Right back at you!" Tony retorts with a glance down at me.

The Chitauri seem to be made out of what looks like armor and metal and they fly around on these jet like vehicles, wielding energy blasters.

"Tempestus Impaetus!" I spin around to the alien to shoot a massive bolt of lightning from my hand at my pursuing Chitauri while Tony fires a blast of hot energy at a Chitauri, taking both out.

I smirk triumphantly.

"Stark, Gwen, we're on your three, headed northeast," Nat says into our earpieces, making me blink as I keep the lightning crackling around my hand and I flip the right way around.

"What, did you stop for drive thru?" Tony asks. "Swing up and park. I'm going to lay them out for you."

"And you didn't even get me anything?!" I ask in feigned hurt. "In any case, it's about damned time!"

"Gwen, you go meet up with Cap and the others," Tony instructs me.

"Aye, Sir!" I say before I fly in the direction of northeast, as I put my staff away and the electricity fades.

I see Loki fire at the quinjet, sending it tumbling, and anger flows through me. I put on a burst of speed to get to the quinjet faster, following the trail of thick, black smoke.

I get there just as the hatch was opening and Cap, Nat and Clint walk out, shield on Cap's arm and bow in Clint's hand.

"Are you guys alright?!" I ask, hovering before them.

"Yeah. We've gotta get back up there!" Cap replies, startling me. I turn around and follow them to a nearby building that has caught fire.

I touch down to the ground. The four of us gaze up at the blue ringed portal that has been opened in the sky by Erik, Chitauri pouring out of it in drones.

 The four of us gaze up at the blue ringed portal that has been opened in the sky by Erik, Chitauri pouring out of it in drones

Along with a massive leviathan, with wings to fly, made out of the same kind of stuff as its smaller counterparts.

We could only watch in stunned shock as the leviathan soars down and knocks off a building's tall roof, flying just above our heads. As it flies, even more Chitauri leap from its sides and onto the sides of the buildings, sliding down them to the ground. Those who land against glass windows snag their way into those buildings, and the people inside.

I ask, "Tony, are you seeing this?"

"I'm seeing. Still working on believing," The Stark replies as he flies about and the leviathan flies between two tall buildings. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"