Chapter 60

Gwen's P. O. V:

Later that day, we make plans to get the whole team. I decide to go with Bruce and Rocket to get Thor.

Bruce also said that if anyone can convince Thor to come back, it's me; especially if he still stands by his promise to protect me.

After taking Rocket's ship as close to New Asgard as we could, the three of us hitch a ride in a yute. I sit in the passenger's seat while Bruce and Rocket take the trailer in the back, The Climb by Miley Cyrus and Neon Lights by Demi Lovato come on.

We drive past a sign that reads, "Welcome to New Asgard. Please Drive Slowly," with something similar with Tonsberg underneath.

We drive past a few people fiddling with crab nets and the yute pauses on a bridge when Bruce taps the side of the trailer

I thank the driver with a smile, making him blush, before I hop out, Rocket saying as he and Bruce step off the back, "Kind of a step down from the golden palaces and magic hammers and whatnot."

I say as I go up to them and the yute drives off, "Have a little compassion, pal. First, they lost Asgard, then half their people. They're probably just happy to have a home."

"You shouldn't have come!" We turn to see a dark skinned, dark haired woman with her hair in a high braid carrying rubbish out. She wears a long sleeved black turtleneck with pants and a sleeveless yellow vest over it.

"Uh! Valkyrie! Great to see you, Angry Girl!" Bruce says happily as we turn and go up to her, a huge grin on my own face

"I think I liked you better with your eyes the other way," She says.

"This is Rocket," Bruce says, gesturing to the raccoon leaning against some tires.

"How ya doing?" Rocket greets, waving at her.

Val then turns to me and grins. I run up to Val and pull her into a fierce hug. "Oh, I've missed you, Val!!"

"I've missed you, too! How is the little rascal?" Val asks before we pull back.