Chapter 40

Gwen's P. O. V:

We prepare to leave and Cap wants me with him during this fight, while Fury takes Bruce back to the tower. Tony is going to Nexus to do some touching up, and Clint and Nat remain in the quinjet.

We reach the lab in Seoul as Cap and I climb over the balcony railing, all suited up. Behind us, Clint takes the quinjet away.

I say into the earpiece as Cap and I step forward, "Two minutes. Stay close." We make our way into the lab and sparks fly from the ceiling. The place was a wreck. I spot the Korean woman lying on the ground, blood blooming across her chest and right side. "Dr. Cho!" Cap and I drop to our knees and I try to begin healing her, pink mana swirling around my hands.

"He's uploading himself into the body," She tells us, breathing heavily in pain.

Cap demands to know, "Where?"

When she didn't say anything, Cap and I go to leave when Helen grabs my arm, stopping us and making us whip our heads to her.

"The real power is inside the cradle. The gem's power... is uncontainable," Helen explains. "You can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark."

"First, we have to find it," I say.

Helen nods her head slightly as she urges me and Cap, "Go!"

I ask into the earpiece, "Did you guys copy that?"

Clint responds, "We did."

Nat tells us, "I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him."

Clint says, "There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Gwen, Cap. In the loop by the bridge. It's them. Three with the cradle, one with the cab. I can take out the driver."

As we climb a ladder to the next level, Cap immediately tells him, "Negative. That truck crashes, the jet will level the city!"

I add, "We need to draw out Ultron."

Once Cap and I reach the top of the bridge and spot the truck going under, we step back before taking a running leap. Then we jump over the railing and hit the roof of the truck, tumbling back slightly in the process, but we stay on.

Cap and I jump down the back, hanging on either side of the truck. The doors are busted open when Ultron fires at them. We grunt as our backs hit the side of the truck but we kick off. We go to get in but Ultron fires again, causing Cap and I to launch into the air. We hit the loading ramp, stomach first.

I say into the earpiece, "Well, he's definitely unhappy."

Cap adds, "We're gonna try and keep it that way."

"Even combined, neither of you are a match for him, Cap, Gwen," Says Clint.

I say sarcastically, "Gee, I'm glad you have so much faith in us, Barton!! Since they're electronics, I can spark them with my Hydrokinesis!"

"Thanks, but I think we have things covered here," Cap says with a glance at me.

As the truck drives, Cap and I shift along the loading ramp, to the side. Ultron fires at us again and we get blown off, landing on the hood of the car behind us. I land next to Cap, the combined weight nearly shattering the wind shield.

I get off and jump up, focusing my mana. Square slabs of mana, big enough for two people, appear under my feet in the air as I head for the lab truck, hearing Cap close behind me. We reach the roof of the truck as Ultron hovers before us.

"You know what's in that cradle?" Ultron asks, causing us to whirl but Cap turns back around to block a blast of energy with his shield, while I create a reflective crystallised wall with my mana, deflecting the blast. "The power to make real change, and that terrifies you!"