Chapter 13

Gwen's P. O. V:

After we'd put shackles on Loki and lock him up in the tower, we meet with Fury in the helicarrier after getting some agents to watch Loki to watch the news reports.

Our identities had apparently been uncovered during the battle of New York, and Fury had called us in to show us.

The dark haired man on the screen says, as clips of us fighting without our masks or cloaks on flash across the screen, "Despite the devastation what has been confirmed as an extraterrestrial attack, the extraordinary heroics of the group known as "The Avengers," alongside their ally and S. H. I. E. L. D. agent, The Sorceress, has been to many a cause, not only for comfort, but salvation."

"It's great to know there's someone out there, watching over us," A teen guy says, his friend nodding in agreement. I take a swig of my lemonade. The first screens show people celebrating, lighting candles and at interviews.

A girl shouts, "I LOVE YOU, THOR!!"

Sitting in between Tony and Cap, I heave a sigh as I say, "Great. Now that cat's outta the bag. Well, at least no one's discovered my identity yet."

The man then adds, "In other news, the identity of The Sorceress—otherwise known as The Queen of Magic—has been revealed to be the 27 year old and youngest daughter of popular actor and famous journalist in New York City, Brooklyn, Gwendolyn Stacy Bloom, a renown S. H. I. E. L. D. agent. As mentioned previously, Gwen isn't a member of The Avengers, but rather, she works alongside them as one of the best and strongest members of S. H. I. E. L. D.."

My mum had interviewed lots of people, including Tony from before he became Iron Man, and during the Mandarin incident a few years ago.

My jaw hits the floor as images of me firing lightning at the Chitauri chasing me through the air, followed by me with my family and friends, along with my mother holding a voice recorder as she interviews Tony Stark, and with my father, sister and mother at a red carpet premiere for one of his movies flash across the screen.

A a young man a little older than me from the third screen says, "Gwen is just the coolest and she's drop dead gorgeous!"

"WE LOVE YOU, GWEN!! WE THINK YOU'RE BADASS!!" His black haired female friend screams like a crazed fan girl, and I feel like sinking into the couch and never reemerging.

I groan as I grip my lemonade can between my knees and bury my face in my hands, shaking my head. "Why could you just let Loki kill me when you had the chance?! This is embarrassing!"

"There, there, Gwen! It'll be okay. You can now join the club of "Our Identities Are Revealed!"" Tony says as he pats my head.

I scowl and whack his hand away, making Tony chuckle.

"Our daughter? Yes, we worry about our daughter whenever she goes on these dangerous missions, but Amelia and I know that Gwen is strong enough to defend herself." I blink my eyes and turn my head upon hearing my dad's voice, and see him and mum standing with Penelope, Levi and Selena outside my parent's house, a few journalists and news reporters with them.

My dad is wearing a brown coloured long sleeved shirt with a black jumper and brown leather jacket over it, black pants and leather enclosed shoes, his long blonde hair unbound.